mylotters are leaving because of being constantly badmouthed

Garden Grove, California
Ihavejust responded to several mylotters who declare they are leaving mylot because they are constantly being flamed. I have attempted to change their minds and to remind them that they should use the third button to report these wrong doers to mylot. I feel badly about this. any other suggestions?
@sunkissed (4332)
Well you have done the right thing. if the people want to leave they will. I have know of the top posters leaving for other reasons. Maybe they should take a break for awile. I must say I too have ran into some of these very rude people here on mylot. But I do not let them bother me.My star droped alot because of these people, but they don't bother me in the least, they do not sign my pay check, I do not have to live with them, nor do I have to ever be around them.They will not run me away from Mylot..Some people are just trying to cause trouble, they should get a life.You have told these people what to do, and they should just ignore them too.
sunkissed you had the same slide I did.But I decided I am not going to let them run me off. I am on Mylot to stay too.
@gemini_rose (16193)
If they feel that strongly that they are being constantly harassed then they should report it first rather than just leave. That is not fair on them. If they report it then myLot have to do something about it don't they? If it was me, I think that I would try to ignore it, I am pretty good at ignoring things so I would probably be OK.
yes they should have reported it as how can mylot do 'anything if they do not know?
@MsTickle (24977)
Hiya Hatley, I think wherever you find a bunch of people hanging together you will get the good and the bad and lots inbetween. I just ignore the bad eggs as well as the smug goodie goodie types. I just wish people ignored the things they don't like, report the breaking of rules and just get on with things. Talking about these people just upsets others and makes still others unhappy or peed off. These troublemakers should be ignored, they love the attention they get when people talk about them. IGNORE - IGNORE - IGNORE
mstickle I think you have something there best' to ignore and not feed their love for all ther attention..lol
@gabs8513 (48715)
Well you know that I am not actually leaving just going into the Background for a while
gabs I am so glad to hear that, and besides you have those darned gall stones to contend with. I am so glad you have Gissi with you. he is such an adorable little scamp. I even dreamed about him the other night. lol I live in an apt so cannot have pets of any kend and I miss that. tellGissi hi for me.
@stephcjh (32327)
I would hope that they do not leave either because of these other people. I have been harrassed by someone here in a private message and I reported them to Mylot. I felt like leaving here also but my friends asked me to stay so I did. I just got so tired of being harrassed, I learned to just ignore them. We all have a right to be here, especially those of us who contribute nicely.
stephcjh yes we do have a right to be here, all of us who play fair.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
About all we can do is report. I mean it's not like we could go on strike or anything. But most users come back. It's not that easy to close your account, so eventually these people return. I just find it really sad that so many people feel that it's OK to behave like uncivilized morons.
hi spark I think its sad too that some people actually seem to enjoy making others feel bad, yes they are uncivilized morons.
@vanities (11385)
• Davao, Philippines
i havent experienced that part yet...yes the can use the third button if its the last thing they could do...but just wondering why they are being provoked or shall we say received comments that were rude or not worthy of reading!! who initiated all this?if ever happened to me maybe i just ignore or if done twice or thrice then i have to give them a negative rate and report it to the admin...
yes I think if its done very often we 'really should report them.
Hatley, you have probably done all you can. Maybe they just need to step away from mylot for a bit. I know in the past it has helped me get a handle on how I was feeling when I am in here. We come here for relaxation and enjoyment , not to be harassed and called names. Shoot don't we all get enough aggravation for life off line? Your a good friend to comfort them however. But sometimes it is good to take time and regroup.
angelwhispers that is probably so true,I am still pretty new so am just going to stick it out and forget the trolls
@cream97 (29168)
There is no one that will run me off of myLot. Come rain, sleet and snow!! I will be brave and stay. I will make the decision when to leave, no one else gets the chance!
cream good for you. I am also here to stay.
@kamran12 (5555)
• Pakistan
Hello Hatley, I am here for more than a year now. I have seen many ups and downs and reasons of people leaving en-mass have been different. First, it was drastic lowering of earnings, then came a lot of deletions without any apparent reason but this one is most cruel that I have seen. There have been troubles with bad mouther before too but it never was on such wide scale that we have been seeing recently. I feel sad about it that good users decide to leave, while they shouldn't. I think you did a great job by trying to change their mind and reminding them what they can do. I do hope that most of them won't go or if they go, they will be back. I think one should first try to talk to them to ask to be polite. If they don't listen, one should ignore them and if that doesn't work either, they should be reported. One shouldn't let those nasty people win by leaving, in my humble opinion. I don't report people in general especially if the flaming is directed just towards me, but if it is against others I may report them. I personally like to deal with them head on, in as polite a way as possible, it's not possible all the time though.
I too think we should stand up against them and not let them win. as that is what they want to scare us away.