do you have to be friends with your in-laws?

i think it would be nice if you do, because in our culture, when you marry, you are not tied down to one person only, but to his/her family as well. and wouldn't your mate love you more if you love his family as well?
@shonali (1288)
wedding - wedding
well that totally depends on the individual.... and being frends with ur in laws shouldnt be forced or shouldnt be done to impress ur loved one or husband so that he gives u more love..... in shoudl come from within you...ur inlaws wudnt be bad ppl would they and even if they are they wud some day or the other come to terms with u and everyone would be happy then ... but nothing should be forced on either of the parties.........
yeah, i agree with you. it's something that cannot and shouldn't be forced. but i think if you love a person too much, you get to love the things that he does, and maybe that include his family. thanks for your comment.
It would be nice, My first mother-in-law loved me, she did every thing she could for me and he son. Now I have a mother-in-law that hates me. It was very hard at first. But now i dont care, we never see her anyway. Thats a good thing! LOL
oh, well, i'm sorry to hear that. i hope things are gonna improve between you, though. thanks for your comment. really meant a lot.
@timmeh0910 (1169)
I think it strongly helps your relationship with your wife/husband if your friends with them.
yeah, i really think it does. thanks for responding.