Mission: Respond to Discussions with no responses

I have been looking over the discussions with no responses and I find that there are indeed a ton of them just waiting for a response. The first few pages are fairly new ones so one could not expect them to get responses to quickly. After clicking a number of pages (something which is quite tedious), one gets to the part where the posts are over 3 days old and this is where I begin to respond. I am going to do this as a matter of routine from now on. I have done this for a few days, responding to about 10 posts and they seem to keep on piling up. Can anyone help? We could probably reduce the number of discussions without response to the very recent ones. Of course, we can choose which ones we will respond to. Game?
@bjcyrix (6857)
Hi! Its not really my Mission but it has become a habit. Im glad that you found out yourself too. Ive been hanging out at the discussions with no responses page and have been responding to those discussions started whenever and been responding to them one by one as much as I can. I go over to the page 30+ too. It really depends on the discussions if they interest me or if I can relate to the topic then most surely I will respond to them. Id not start that many discussions myself just because I know that there are lots of discussions that doesnt have any responses yet. I also dont get that many responses when I start my own discussion so answering those discussions without any responses actually kills two birds with one stone. I only start my own if I have news to everybody or if and when I do need ot know something and ask for everybdo's opinion. Otherwise Im at that page where you said. If there are times that the discussions dont interest me at all, I wait for the first few pages or I got to the discussions form my interests page. there are still those that have only one or two and sometimes no responses so I could help in increasing the number of responses. Thats what I do here and how I do it. Welcome to the club.^_^
It takes me a long time before I can find those posts over a day old which have no responses. I don't mind though because I do find some really good discussions that I can easily respond to. We are also doing them a favor because discussions without responses do not count towards number of discussions.I also choose those which need more encouragement.
@bjcyrix (6857)
I do too. I guess Im just looking for those discussions that I can answer well or at least try to answer well.LOL I can got to them now but it takes some time too. Yeah, I heard/read about that: discussions with no responses doesnt count. Hey, do you know how many responses a discussion should have so that it can be credited? Some say it just needs one but others say its two..?
@Bd200789 (2994)
I already do that. It takes forever to find the really old discussions, but I like to look anyway. You never know when you might be able to help someone.
There was a time when I almost gave up. Someone mentioned about "foolish" discussions and I brushed it off as something aberrant. Then I ran into a slew of them and try as I might I could not find anything intelligent to respond. This sent me spiraling down into despair of ever helping these people. I stopped looking at discussions with no responses while I took stock of my stand on this. I would like to tell members with single-digit posts not to jump in and start discussions. They should just respond and see how others form their discussions. Original discussions which does not get responded get no points anyway so they could just save themselves the trouble and us the trouble of bailing them out of 0 response limbo.
I have also tried to do that. But I found some discussions which were absolutely foolish. Still it is good to see that there are others too who are trying to respond to no response discussions.
It is difficult to respond to a foolish discussion without sounding foolish too. However, there are some discussions which are quite thoughtful which have just been left unnoticed for some reason and these discussions I do respond to. Sometimes, I jump in and play the foolish one when the fancy strikes me.
@paid2write (5204)
I do look at discussions with no responses and I respond where I can. I will always try to respond to questions from new members but not to any discussions promoting links. Some are written in a way which makes it difficult to understand what they are about, or are too short to inspire an answer. I like your idea and I have done it myself before now. I have found some really good questions buried in these pages. I have found ones which start with a really well thought out post, to which no-one has responded. I think some people are put off by long posts or can't be bothered to read them. I think your responses to three day old discussions will delight the people who posted them. Usually if there is no response in the first few hours there will never be any responses. I will try to do this more often now, you have inspired me to search for some good discussions that deserve a response but have none.
I don't know if it is significant or not but I could not find any discussions more than a day old. I was looking for those familiar 3-day-old discussions with no responses. Could it be that we have gone and removed them from the list? That is something to cheer about, Hooray!!!