Why would anyone want to be President of a whole country?

I am sure it has something to do with power, status, wealth and all that other stuff. But with every terrible thing that is going on in this world today, why would anyone want to be president? I know I wouldnt. I am aggressive, strong willed, determined, and those good things, but I do not want to be in charge of what everyone does or doesnt do. Nor would I want a whole country of people all up in my business. The stress alone, must be terrible.
hi melissa, yes your right, it does have something to do with power, status, wealth and etc. and some people i feel just wants it so bad because they have no choice but to go down that road because there are all these things happening in the world and want to change it. this certain 'drive' to become president came from something deep inside a person that he really wants to persue know what i mean? they think they can do it, they know they can do it and they feel like they can change the world for the better if not directly little by little and thats good. and aside from the constant protection because of threatening things you get a lot of perks when your president. hehehehe
Yes I suppose the perks, are stupendous. You get everyone in the world to know every stinking bit of your personal life. You get to be scorned for every little thing you do. You get criticized for everything someone in your cabinet does wrong. The press knows every time you burp. Yes I suppose the perks are great.
Very true, very true
@whittby (3073)
This is something I've asked myself. It must take a certain kind of person. I would hope it's not about all about the power and status. Maybe it's hard for me to get a perspective on this because I don't like to be in charged period. I like to be the worker doing the stuff.
I can be a strong leader, but I hate being being blamed for what other people do, or more likely dont do. I was a supervisor for many years, in my younger years, the older i get the less patience i have for it.
@iulyanho (193)
Yes i wold like to be president on my country...I will first try to stop the corupion in my country,make the people's life a good one.And if u want to be a president u must know lot of politics...(that i realy don't know),lock good,people need to like u and much more things.
There you hit it on the head. Politics, you need to know, understand, accept and adapt to them. If you cant do that, you wont be a good president.
Be president? Yeah, why not? That's so I can change a lot of stupid things in my country. I believe most people who run for office aren't the real deal. They're just in it for power and of course the money. But should fate lead me up there, my gosh, I swear I'd do the right thing and lead properly.
Yes it would be nice to change alot of stupid things, but then politics is a lot of stupid things, and I dont think it can be changed. So you adapt to it, and you get alot of stupid things in your campaign. It is the nature of politics.
I feel the same way. That would be too much pressure on one person, at least for me. You can see the stress it puts on a person just by looking at them. Find a picture of President Clinton when he went in, and then again eight years later, you will see that he aged dramatically over the two terms he was in office.
Well the president does have his staffers, but then as seen very well with Bush, you have to deal with all the things they do wrong. Ugh, that is way too much responsibility.
@obidan (368)
I wouldn't like to be the president of my country, you may know a few national secrets, be that important guy that can move a finger and practically destroy somebodies life, but there is to much responsibility. ,,With great power comes great responsibility''. Also many people want to ruin your life also, evereybody will go like: ,, Oh that worthless president, why isn't fixing the street? Why isn't he sending the report to the prime-minster to tell him that X should be the leader of Z '' Stressed out, etc...No...that's not for me...I don't like seeing the big picture, I just do the small stuff and get the payment( or something) for it
I agree its not for me. I think I would be a good president though, just dont want all that hastle that goes with it.