Theft is up in our area, are there more thefts in yours?

@writersedge (22579)
Catalitic converters and copper wire are being stolen a lot. Our Deacon who married my husband and I had his home broken into. They stole a little bit of money. They could have stolen a lot more. Maybe they figured he wouldn't press charges, would forgive them if they only stole a few dollars. Are people stealing more in your area? What are they stealing? Is it mostly drug related or is the rise due to the cost of living/gas?
@luvstochat (6914)
We are having more thefts in our area but it is gas they are stealing once they fill up at the pump instead of going into pay they drive off. It has gotten so bad they say there are about 3 drive offs a week now. If it keeps up the gas stations are going to make us start prepaying for our gas. So the price of gas is what has raised theft in my area.
@writersedge (22579)
We have pumps in our area that they won't turn on unless you prepay and we can see why. Thank you very much for your response.