race issues with the running for president

@twallace (2675)
The news has been real light on saying that race has become and issue on those that will not vote for Obama for president. That is something that should be expected but i didn't think that it would be that bad. Please read the article enews.earthlink.net/article/int?guid=20081514/482a63c0_3426_1334520080514-1651537337
@rpegan (598)
I'm not happy to admit it, but race will always be an issue. There will always be people that ignorantly believe that they are better than someone else because of their skin color, their background, or some other completely meaningless notion of superiority. We can hope that things will get better, but as long as people are unique, there will be people that hate it.
@twallace (2675)
very well said; you are totally right in what you have said. There will be those that will continue to think that they are better but they are not the ones running for president. It doesn't matter to me who is president as long as they do a good job. The president that we have now will be leaving a lot of work to do for the Nov. president. That will be a hard job to correct and make better for the us.
@rockvixen (894)
Unfotunatly the article was not found. As for the race issue. I find nothing wrong with having a black president or a white president, to me it's not about race. To me it's about who can get the job done, who can be a good president. I think it's crazy to go racist just because a black man is running. So what? If he can do the job, great! I could care less what color the president is.
@twallace (2675)
I think color should not matter as long as the president does a good job. I was shocked with the information about the race being an issue for some voters.
@Bd200789 (2994)
A lot of people in Kentucky said they didn't vote for him because he is black. I think that is a shame.
@anniepa (27231)
I couldn't get your link to work either but I know there are more racists in this country than I'd like to see; correction, I don't like to see any racism but the amount there is surprises and saddens me. The number of voters who admitted race influenced their vote in West Virginia was really disappointing and I'm afraid there probably are many more who didn't admit to it and that's a real shame. If someone chooses not to vote for someone, fine, but in this day and age in this country for someone to not give someone a fair chance for that reason only is wrong. I'm a tolerant, hopefully open-minded person but I'm not at all tolerant of racism because it's wrong, there's no way to sugar-coat it or justify it. Annie