Did you make your bed?

@kykidd (6820)
Did you make your bed today? How about yesterday? What about when you were growing up? I rarely remember making my bed when I was growing up. Maybe a stage I went through, but I never stuck with it. And Mom never made me. Now I make my bed almost every day. I guess it's just a habit you get into. Although, I think I skipped it yesterday. LOL What about you? Do you make your bed every day? Sometimes, most of the time?
@kingcrapper (1538)
No, I did not and I have not formed that habit of making it everyday. I do make it when I am cleaning up and just before using it! Growing up my mother refused to make my bed and I never made it myself. I had a large queen sized bed and I remeber dumping all my laundry one side of it and sleeping on the other. How lazy is that? Hmm. Kinda explains why my desk at work is a pile of stuff and my car is even worse. But don't they sale unorginzation is a sign of intellegence? I must be a genius! LOL
@kykidd (6820)
That's hilarious. I had never heard that before. Thanks for the education! Have a great day!!!
No problem, I am an educator by trade and that's what I do. Did you know that the tradition of making ones bed actually goes back as far as the middle ages? It was a done to show others that one was pure of heart...a neat bed shows it was not slept in and thus showing of ones purety. You know I just made that up right? I don't want to hear this a couple weeks from now as it is a fact or something. The internet has a way of making experts our of fools. :-)
@gemini_rose (16193)
As soon as I get out of the bed, I make it. I cannot stand a messy bed, and it is even worse getting into an unmade bed!! I always feel really lazy if I do not make it, I do not know why I just do.
@kykidd (6820)
funny how we all have those different things in life that we just have to do or they give us a feeling of laziness. I have things like that too. Thanks for your response and have a great day posting!
@eagle_f15 (2054)
Yeah I make my bed everyday and everytime after using it. Was trained from very young to make my own bed. So it's being programmed in me. Even when I stay in hotels I don't like to leave the bed messy even though the housekeeping people will be making the bed later. Just can't stand messy bed. I guess I was brought up that way
@kykidd (6820)
I think a lot of things in life go back to childhood and how our parents raised us. Funny you even have that feeling when you're at a hotel. :) Thanks for your response.
When I was in highschool I never made my bed. I used to love climbing back into the big rumpled mess at the end of the night and just resuming where i'd left off when i'd gotten up that morning. In the last few years though i've become the opposite! I make my bed as soon as we're out of it in the morning, and the cat has moved on. I love the feeling of crisp, clean sheets against my skin :)
@kykidd (6820)
Nice clean sheets is one of the great advantages of changing the bedding and making your bed. Thanks for your response and have a great day.
@kaysue4 (951)
Nope, I have not made since I was getting into bed last night. My dogs mess it up all day long, so I don't make it. Due to helath issues, I am in and out of bed all day long though, with the dogs.
@kykidd (6820)
I sometimes get in and out of my bed throughout the day, but I really don't have a good excuse like you. Although, since it has warmed up, I think I'm getting over my Cabin Fever...that was my excuse. LOL Thanks for your post and have a great day!
@welshdai (77)
sometime i make my bed or i do the old just throw the duvet or whatever over the bed so it look made. i hate make my bed,it the one task i hate with passion.
@kykidd (6820)
It's kind of like dishes, if you think about it, it can be a pain. But if you just do it, it doesn't really take that long. It sometimes gives me something to do if I am talking on the phone that early. Thanks for your response and have a good day!
@cher913 (25891)
i make my bed every day because i like getting into a neat bed at night instead of a rumply one (is that a word?) seriously though, my 11 year old is really good at making her bed already though my 15 year old doesnt like to make hers, but i make her!
@kykidd (6820)
Rumply, I like that. If it's not in the dictionary, it should be. LOL That's great that you are teaching your kids good habits at such a young age! Thanks for your post and have a great day!
@sdas86 (6076)
Hi, I make my bed everyday after I wake up from sleep. I already make it a habit to make my bed because I want my bedroom to look tidy. When I was in my primary school, my mom will help me make my bed and I don't have the habit to make my bed my own. When I reached secondary school, my mom no longer want to help me make my bed and she wants me to make my bed my own and she wants me to make it a habit doing it. From that time onward, I make my bed everyday and now it is my habit to make my bed everyday.
@kykidd (6820)
Hello there, and thank you for your response. It is a great habit to be into. Especially to start so young. Thanks again and have a great day.
@sdas86 (6076)
Hi, Have a great day to you too.
@GreenMoo (11842)
I think my Mum used to make me at lest straighten my duvet when I was growing up,not now I never make my bed at all. What's the point when you're just going to make a mess of it again later? My kids jump around in my bed all the time too, and like to play hide and seek with the duvet. Trying to keep it nice would be an exercise in futility!
@kykidd (6820)
LOL...I like your humor in this discussion. Thank you for sharing, and have a good day.
@inked4life (4227)
I never make my bed. I don't see the point in taking the time to make it all neat and tidy when you are only going to mess it up again 12 hours later....LOL. Probably the only time I do it is after I have washed my linens, or if someone is coming to visit. I'd hate for them to walk by my room and think I was a slob....hehehehe.
@kykidd (6820)
Funny how most people look at it about the same way. Thanks for your response to this discussion and have a great week!!!
@Elixiress (3893)
I never make my bed, unless I am tidying my room. If I am sitting on it or I am expecting people in my room then I will straighten the blanket up a bit, but that is about it. I feel as though it is a pointless task, I will only make it a mess again later and it is not damaging anyone.
@kykidd (6820)
You're so right. It doesn't hurt a thing, and it will get messed up again. LOL Thanks for your response and have a great day posting!
@jhartana (1085)
Honestly no, because once my wife and I got up we don't have time to make up the bed instead we get ourselves done and we off to work.
@kykidd (6820)
Time can be an issue when you both work outside of the house. Thanks for posting to this discussion and have a great week!
@fizanali (478)
• Pakistan
i've never made my bed at times it gets so dirty that u couldn't bear to see still i sleep in it! besides i've got my mom to do it!
@kykidd (6820)
That's nice that your mom makes your bed...:) Thanks for your response and have a great day!
@emma412 (1156)
I never made my bed growing up except for the day I washed the sheets and had to make up the bed to sleep in it again. Now I make sure my bed is made every morning before I leave the room. It's kind of strange that it changed but I like the bed to lok neat.
@kykidd (6820)
That's great. It does have a better look than the crumpled up covers. Thanks for your response, and have a great day.
@lorelai (1558)
I must admit that the answer to all the questions is NO. When I was little I used to make all the beds in the house each day because my mother was working and I wanted her to find her bed made when she arrived home. Today sometimes when I visit my grandma she asks me to help her make her bed and it always makes me laugh because it i so silly to make someone else's bed when you never make yours, but I always help her of course. Lately I started thinking about making bed much more often. I have this flat mate, male flat mate and he makes his bed every day and each time he comes to my room he sees my bed, which is never made, and a bunch of stuff on it so I noticed that it doesn't really leave a good impression on people. I should really start making my bed each morning.
@kykidd (6820)
Great story. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for posting to my discussions. Have a great day!
i hate it making bed i sleep on the clean floor i like lt only i need pillow
@kykidd (6820)
I guess if you are sleeping on the floor then all you would have to do is pick up your bedding. I don't mind making the bed. Thanks for your response and have a great day posting!
@teena22 (422)
funny, i make my bed once i getp before having a shower. its kind of a habit not leave the bed undone.
@kykidd (6820)
Wow, sounds like you're really on the ball. I'm not awake enough to do it as soon as I wake up like that. Thanks for your response, and have a great day posting!
i don't make my bed..its not a habit of mine. i thik that since im going to mess it up again so why bother, but its sort of an excuse :P but if i sleep on the floor with the mattress then probably i;ll fold my blanket :) so that it won't be blcking the way
@kykidd (6820)
Sounds like good reasoning. We all have our own ideas on it. Thanks for your response and have a great day.
@hcpoirot (1562)
very nice topic. I do make my bed everyday when i was a child. Mom told us to do it everyday. Now, maybe I only did it maximum 4 times a week. I try to do it everyday but sometimes it just easier postpone the task and sleep in the bed at night.
@kykidd (6820)
Sounds like a pretty good average. Thanks for your response and have a great day!
@kenzie45230 (3560)
My mother never made me make my bed when I was growing up and she only did it when she changed the sheets. For years as a grown up, I did it daily. Then I had a back injury, knee injury, and finally was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and arthritis and chronic fatigue. It hurts to make the bed now. Besides, I'll probably be in and out of it during the day a bunch...depending on how much pain and fatigue I have.
@kykidd (6820)
Sounds like good reasoning to me. Thanks for your response. I hope you are feeling well today. Have a great weekend.