What's your mylot method? Mine has pretty much stayed the same

By Amy
Abernathy, Texas
I like to post an idea of viewpoint - well usually two - and ask mylotters which stance they take. Most times I don't say I think this or that. Yet I still get mylotters taking one viewpoint - usually the one I'm against - and thinking that's my stance. Or twisting something sweet into something negative. Sometimes by obviously not reading it all or not understanding a word and thinking it means something else or something. I like to hear various opinions and in the course of the discussion, after they've replied, let people know how I stand in the discussion. A conversation or discussion is back and forth after all. What's funny is, I write it so I'm not saying what I think yet so that their is no biased based on what I think. I then worry my opinion is obvious by language - yet - its my opposing stance that is assumed to be my own. Curious. How do you write your conversation starters? Do you say I think this or do that or you lay out a point of view or point of views and ask mylotters what they think?
Oops. Am I one of those people who got it wrong? If so, I am sorry.Most of my posts are questions. I write out the question and then I give you my answer and ask for yours.Most of the time I get posts that agree with me.But the ones that don't are well written.
• Abernathy, Texas
No wow not at all. You state your opinion. Most of the time, it coincides with mine, although not always. I welcome both instances!
Whew! I am glad.Talk to you later.
@raijin (10373)
For me, I usually start ones that I am curious to what other's opinion would be. I avoid starting discussions asking other member's opinions and yet, I already made my own conclusion or judgment about the topic I have started. With that, I have already failed the most important thing that most of us should be doing here.. and that is to communicate..
• Abernathy, Texas
I'm confused, you want to know other's opinion - but you avoid starting discussions asking their opinions - so how do you find out?
@raijin (10373)
Starting a discussion and seeks other's opinions, yet I already made my own stand on that topic. I see others do that here, that's what I avoid doing whenever I start one.
Usually when I am posting something that I have an opinion on and want others, I state the situation, then my opinion on it, then I ask for feedback from others. I feel that others will have their opinion regardless of what I say, so I get my opinion out of the way when I am starting the discussion. Sometimes I get responses full of people agreeing with me, sometimes its various points of view. I state my opinion in the beginning because I don't want to have to restate it for every respondent that leaves a message.
• Abernathy, Texas
Don't want to get typers cramp? :)-- I guess I like to open up the discussion with an unbiased question, then continue the discussion when they answer -- usually.