How often do you eat with family and friends?

Hi friends when you sit down once for your regular scheduled meals. Do you consider this as bonding time with the peoples you eat?Is it apritual experience or relational experience? Is their any diffrence between spritual and relational? Do you consider eating together to be a spiritual experience?
@slickcut (8141)
I think it is a time of bonding,and sharing...I consider it more a relational experience,since i am a believer but my husband don't seem to be,however we do share the days events and enjoy eating together....
@dragon54u (31617)
When I was raising my children, we ate together. It was a time to enjoy good food, talk about our day and learn from each other. It was not so much a spiritual thing as a way to be together in a quiet and relaxed setting and enjoy the love of family. So it was a relational experience.
@gemini_rose (16193)
Not really, I used to but to be honest now I use my meal time as a time to sit and do a bit of reading. The kids all sit at the table and we sit in the other room. The only reason that we do it this way is because we only have a 4 seater table and there are 6 of us. So until we get a bigger table it will stay this way.
Well in our family eating together happens only on Sundays when everyone's at home and a bit free from work. I can't comment on whether it would be a spiritual experience but yes in some cultures eating or drinking is a spiritual experience.For exampe in China drinking tea is considered a spiritual session.
@carmelanirel (20979)
The L♥rd's supper is just that, a spiritual and relational experience. My family doesn't get it though, they only sit at the table if it is one of their holidays..Myself, I would love just once a week of sitting with my fmaily, but they say they don't have time..
@clowdine (1402)
My husband and myself are the only people in our house and we make it a point that we eat together at all times. When I was still a kid and my siblings are not yet married, we eat at the same time because that's how our mother taught us. We just learned to eat alone when we hit college and all of us have our own schedules to follow.
@bbsr13 (4198)
Hello,MAHESH,...... In my family we sit together for meals.it is the best time for exchanging thoughts and sharing ideas of each other and we solve all our problems during this time.that is why the political people and business executives meet at the dinner or lunch table for discussions and sorting out differences.eating together keeps the friendship and relationship emotionally unite.thanx.
@jewel76 (2305)
We live upstairs from my inlaws, so we eat with them maybe 2-3 times a week, and if we don't have a meal with them, we'll have a coffee. As with my side of the family, once a month maybe, and all special occasions.
A lot of the people I know, and my entire family, all live out of own. I'm the only one I know who stil lives in the ciy where I was born, so I eat alone most of the time. That's Ok with me, because I don't mind being alone. I see people on a regular basis, and get to be alone when I wish to be alone.