Deworm

@Olonam (870)
How often do you have to deworm your dog? Somebody said 6 months. Yes?
@Seraphine (385)
• Finland
I deworm my dog 3 times a year. Better to be on the safe side, even though he's a primarily indoor dog that only stays outside when I am out with him.
I think it depends. Like if your dog is primarily and outside dog, that is in the dirt alot, you might have to do it more often. Or if your dog is a puppy that eats dirt, sticks and other things they shouldnt you might have to do it more often. That was the case for us. While he was not an outside dog, when he was a puppy and we let him play out, he would literally eat dirt, leaves and sticks, so we actually had to worm him every 60 days until he outgrew the habit. Now it is every six months.
@luvstochat (6914)
I dont' have a dog but I have a couple kittens and they had a new dewormer that you only have to use I think it was once a year or once every two years can't remember what they said it is a little bit pricey but it saves you in the long run as you don't have to pay for it as often.
Six months is correct. I usually get my dog dewormed at the vets office though. I think the stuff at the vets office is way better than the over-the -counter kind.