Well that was a bizarre dream...

@liquorice (3901)
Last night I had a very strange and vivid dream. I still remember some of the details, although it's becoming a bit hazy so I need to write it down quick... I dreamt that I was on Britain's Next Top Model (ha ha, not very likely in real life ), and the whole dream involved rushing around trying to get to places on time (- maybe inspired by the go-sees episodes for those of you who also watch such things!) I remember feeling frustrated and helpless because I was always late for everything, and the reason for this was that nobody had told me what time I was supposed to be anywhere and I didn't know how to find out. I also kept nearly missing meals, which were mainly in canteens serving Chinese food, but all I could afford was a chocolate fish, which I carried around everywhere in a white paper bag. Some time later in the dream I was talking to the host of the show, Lisa Snowden and I was very upset about always being late and was pouring out my woes about never knowing when I'm supposed to be anywhere. She then showed me the inside of my belt, which said 1:30pm to 3:00pm, which made me feel very stupid, as I really should have known this(!!?) and it was obvious to everyone else. Also on the belt was the numbers of contestants in each round of the show, and she gently pointed out that originally there were about 130 girls and then 100 and then 80 etc... and that I should be very happy with myself as I'd made it to the final 12 (or whatever..). I remember thinking that I hadn't been in any of these previous rounds and was beginning to wonder just how I'd ended up in the final 12! I woke up with a good, positive feeling, as if I could really achieve something if I put my mind to it. Now it's just making me laugh and think that maybe I'm just a bit deranged. What does it all mean?
@James72 (26829)
There is really no set formula for dream interpretation liquorice as each individual has so many different influences going on in their lives that can affect their subconscious mind so differently from one person to the next. What is important is that this dream you had allowed you to wake up with a positive mindset and a clear personal definition of what it meant for you in feeling that you can achieve something if you try. I would focus on this aspect and keep these positive feelings alive rather than try too hard to work out any other angles.
That's very good advice James! It would have been my advice too, and I couldn't have said it better, in fact I could have only said it worse... like 6 or 7 paragraphs later liquorice would be wondering what the hell I was talking about, hahahaha! You very succinctly captured the whole truth and nothing but the truth!
@James72 (26829)
"Occasional moments of clarity" is what I like to call it zigzagbuddha! lol.
@underdogtoo (9599)
Your dream is not as bizarre as you think. The fact of being a super-model probably has a lot to do with with something that your mind is concerned about. Your mind seems to be telling you to get a firm grasp of time and the timepiece or timetable being on your belt or belly seems to indicate that you need to time yourself according to your body clock which works regularly as in regular meals. Your mind is telling you volumes about your eating habits which I think is not nearly enough (supermodels and anorexia are almost synonymous). The final 12! Maybe your not eating enough lunches on time (on your belt: 1:30pm to 3:00pm). Cheers!!
@liquorice (3901)
Well, thanks for your reply and your interesting interpretation. I wasn't expecting any answers at this point, and certainly not such a thoughtful one. Just after I posted I kind of regretted it as it just sounded so silly, and I was expecting maybe one or two sort of ridiculing responses, and then hoping that no-one actually reads it, lol!! I'm glad you replied though. It's true that I do need to get a grasp of time as I'm not very organised, especially since having my daughter. I do manage regular meals however, and my lunch is normally between those times on the belt (!) Feeding my daughter is always on my mind though as she's often taking a nap around these times, when she should be eating so I often worry about what time she's going to eat. Maybe that's why it came out in the dream? I eat quite well and I'm happy with my weight, it's more going to bed early that I need to try to strive for (especially when I'm on myLot!)
@coffeegurl (1470)
HaHaHahAhahahaha...still laughing. Read my dream about David Bowie. YaY! Deranged people wearing funny clothes unite! By the way,what's a chocolate fish? Sounds yummy. You just gave me an idea for a movie based on your dream. I like the white paper bag and the chocolate fish. Hmmm symbolic? Maybe.
@liquorice (3901)
Thanks for resurrecting this discussion and reminding me about my bizarre dream, I'd completely forgotten about it! Yes, it seems that we should both join the weird dreams brigade.. Are you a Bowie fan, or was it just completely random? By chocolate fish, I literally meant fish-shaped chocolate. I think we used to have them when we were little, I don't think I made it up! I'm not sure about the symbolism of the white paper bag and chocolate fish; maybe in your movie you could explore this?
I am a David Bowie fan. I like the "Bowie's in Space" song and video by Flight of the Concords. I have many of his tapes and have liked him since I was a teenager. I saw his "Glass Spider" tour at age 16 and it was my first concert. I went with my parents who hogged the binoculars. But seriously, I haven't really thought about him lately...oh wait..the other day I think I heard a song on the radio that was new to me and the vocals sounded like Bowie..aha! I think you JUST solved a mystery.
What a way to spend the night huh? Resting and recuperating while simultaneously discovering clues to help you find hidden treasure! It is so funny how you were wondering how you had made it to the 12th round when you didn't remember participating in any of the others. Hehehe. Yeah, that dream was definitely talking about focus and appreciation, I don't care what language you interpret it in. I've had dreams that have literally changed my life due to zeroing in on the basic emotion of the dream and following the inspiration. I love 'the language of dreams' and you have captured this one well with your words. I'm glad I stumbled on it, it was fun to read and also fun to respond to!