Child Abuse

@BYOLA2871 (4376)
South Africa
In these present times we live in, there are so many case of abuse going on and painfully, child abuse is on the rise. Our children are the most vulnerable people today and they are our responsibility. To ensure their safety. This can be a challenging and difficult task as kids aren’t only abused by strangers but also by people who are close to them as well. Children can get brain damage from being shaken and like any other human; a child can die from being abused. How then can we know or determine when a child has been abused in any way especially where they are too traumatised to talk about it with the parents?
@checapricorn (16072)
I agree with you BYOLA, I hope anyone in the family will be sensitive enough and brave enough to feel what's going on in their house, like if a girl is being abused by the father, I hope the mother and sibling will be sensitive enough to notice it. I can't imagine how some cases were hidden for so long and made the child suffer a lot! Very sad and for me any people who can afford to do this, should not be given a chance to live outside the jail or else they will continue to harm and destroy young kids!
@BYOLA2871 (4376)
• South Africa
you are right the first thing is for one to be sensitive to the kids emotions and attitude this will give some form of hint as to wether there is an abuse going on or not,ythanks for your response,i think the law should be allowed to deal with abusers.
Exactly. That's what I want to emphasize BYOLA! Thanks and have a great time!
@spoiled311 (5502)
oh that i dunno...when i have my own kids someday, i will really study what to do. we can't make so many mistakes because that is the life of another human being entrusted to us. oh God bless our children!
@BYOLA2871 (4376)
• South Africa
amen to that prayers ,these kids are so delicate that we just cannot afford to toy with everything concerning them until they are able to take care of themselves,it is however unfortunate that some parents are just very careless and insensitive to them.
its a big problum at present time , if your child is abused by someone then child behaviour is chang and confidence is very low if you see this type of changes in your child then take more determination on your child and try to understand what happen with your child & prevent them
@BYOLA2871 (4376)
• South Africa
i agree with you that an abused chiold will sometimes have a low self esteem and of course emotional depression could result if you are not very observant,it is important to be very observant of how the kids are behaving.
@kykidd (6824)
I wonder if hypnosis would be a good idea for this. If a child could be put under where they could talk about the things that have happened to them, and then when they wake up they won't remember it?
@BYOLA2871 (4376)
• South Africa
hm,i hope putting kids under hypnosis will not have any negative effect on them in future?and maybe in case of extreme abuse it may be useful,i learnt that people under hypnosis dont lie when they talk.is it true?
@olivemai (4738)
There are certain signs that we can notice! That is why teachers are bound by law to take notice and inform the authorities, who then have to investigate to find out the truth!
@BYOLA2871 (4376)
• South Africa
yes but the truth is these teachers have their own responnsibilities to their cchildren too so it can be a little tough for them.The issue is for us as parents to make sure we observe our kids verey well