Cute and funny story

@webeishere (36382)
I am a very talkative person and my family knows this. WEell this weejend while at Home Depot geting some plants for the garden a man and his wife were at the register. She had a flat cart with a few bags of soil, many many plants, some garden tools and fertilizer and food. As he was swiping his CC to pay the $134 plus bill he looked at his wife saying, "These better be pretty. Very pretty." I laughed so hard hearing this. i ALMOST SAID SOMETHING BUT THEN SHE GAVE HER HUSBAND A VERY SERIOUS GLARE AND i STOOD THERE GRINNING WIDELY. This told me he was not the type that likes gardens or flowers in the least. Have you ant story to share along funny comments heard from others whilE at a cash register? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@mummymo (23709)
LOL I take it he was the type that would like to pave or pour concrete over the garden! lol He deserved a serious glare saying something that silly! lol I am sure I have heard a lot of things but can't think of any right now so I will just tell you that year old Niamh loves to scan our shopping at the self service checkout and has sparked near riots as other kids see her do it and decide they want to do it as well! xxx
@webeishere (36382)
Another couple a couple weeks ago was shopping in the plant area. She had a tall pot full of Native Reed Grasses. As I was looking at things by them he asked her, "What's this?" I leaned in to him saying, "A weed. A giant weed." He laughed saying it was something he could mow down then. Too funny. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM AGB!!~
@mummymo (23709)
LOL My MIL has pampas grass in the middle of her lawn - my other half keeps cutting it down and telling her the only way to get rid of it once and for all is to burn it and get it out by the roots but she won't let him - think she just likes moaning about it and getting him to cut it right back down! xxx
@carmelanirel (21108)
Good thing you didn't say anything, or you would have gotten a glare..
@ElicBxn (59633)
I see people buying a bag of cat food or litter and I ask if they have a cat (duh.) Sometimes they might have more than one. When they tell me they have 2 or 4, I tell them they are rank amatures! I'm waiting for the roomie to upload the new pix of the new babies! 26 now!
@webeishere (36382)
Now wait a minute. I do not have cats but I buy litter. I use it to soak up and clean oil and stuff on the garage floors. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@ElicBxn (59633)
I don't userally say it to people with old fashioned clay litter, most cat owners get the clumping type these days.
@CatsandDogs (13964)
LOL Oh the man is such a bla for enthusiasm. Some people really need to lighten up, eh? Yeah I have a funny story for ya! My husband and I were married about 3 or 4 years and were joking around with each other. When we got to the register to pay for our items, he says to me, "if you don't behave yourself, I'll tell my wife!" The clerk looked at me and then at hubby and went faster at our change! She was beside herself thinking I was his mistress!! I nearly screamed while laughing my butt off "I AM his wife!!" and dragged his butt out the door laughing but embarassed at the same time! It was hillarious as heck and I'll never ever forget it!! lol Darn my husband and his tricks!! He can be a quick thinker at times, much fast than I am and he got me that time!! LOL
@webeishere (36382)
Oh that is great. Thanks for the laugh. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@faith210 (11233)
Hi GRANDPA BOB! haha..that is really funny! I am sure the husband got nervous with that serious glare. haha..The only funny incident I have while in a queue at a cash register is when there is this old lady who was paying her groceries and when she got her money in her bag, she produced a plastic full of coins. Just imagine, paying a 1000 plus worth of groceries, with coins in 25 and one peso..that will take a lot of time. When the people who were in queue saw this, they were grinning but and exchanging glances and saying, I hope we will be done before the day ends. Well, I was second in line and just to make things speed up, i offered help so it can be over soon. haha.. Take Care and God Bless! Happy Mylotting!
@webeishere (36382)
I do that a ot for smaller purchases though. I get maybe $10 worth of things all with change. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
That is too funny. I know it must have been hard not to comment on what he said. Of course, it if were my husband making that comment, I would have had to make a smart comment back at him.
@webeishere (36382)
Very hard after she glared at her hubby. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
I thought this was funny, but it wasn't an actual conversation. I got my first Chuhauha (sp), she was 5 weeks and so tiny, I took her with me everywhere I went, her name was Chichi. I bought a brown leather belly bag for her to ide in while we were out shopping. I was standing in line to pay and she was getting restless, there was a little black girl standing behind me with her family. All of a sudden Chichi decided to stick her head out of the bag, the little girl looked, then I thought she was gonna mess herself, she started screaming to the top of her lungs, Momma! Momma!, it's a rat Momma. We finally got her calmed down, but I still don't think she was convinced that she was a dog not a rat.Chichi passed away a couple of months ago after 12 years of being my little companion. Not long before we got a male, his name is Rascal, and he lives up to the name.
@makingpots (11928)
I was in line behind a mom with her 3 or 4 year kid. The check out lady probably weighed 330 lbs. The child asked right out loud, "Mommy, why is she so fat?" That poor mother. She was trying to handle it calmly but I could tell she was just dying!!! Ok, it is not terribly funny but, well..... it kinda is, becaue what can really be done about the innocent questions of kids.
@Katlady2 (9925)
It really is a good thing then that you didn't pipe up with a remark. With the glare she gave her husband, she just might have turned to you and bit you or something. LOL! I actually had a cashier ask me if I had cats....right after I set the 20 lb bag of Friskies cat food in front of her at the register. I almost choked from trying not to laugh at her. And believe me, that was pretty painful to hold it in! LOL