Oh Neighbor?

@Rosekitty (19438)
San Marcos, Texas
Do you get along good with your neighbor? any problems you can't talk to them about? Would you ever send your neighbor an anonymous letter?
I don't know my neighbor or talk to them. I like it quiet and don't want them getting the idea is cool to pop in whenever they feel like ti, so I stay seperate. But if they angered me, I would knock on their door and politely ask them to discontinue. And if they refused, let the police do the rest for me.
@ellie333 (21029)
I get along great with most of my neighbours and if I had a problem I would tell them upfront about it. In fact recently the ones on the end that I only really say hi too has two cats that they don't let into their house at all, they are skanky and don't look fed, and one of them started coming into mine and it ate all my cats food and knocked all my dishes off the side and smashed them. Now I know it wasn't their fault as cats are independent creatures but I told them that if they fed them a bit more often they would not come into mine and wreck my kitchen and I couldn't afford to feed other peoples pets either. I see her out there now putting food out and she will always say hello. Ignored me for a while though. Ellie :D
• Regina, Saskatchewan
My neighbours are, no kidding, all over 70! They are a hoot and we all get along just fine. So no, I wouldn't send any of them an anonymous letter - unless I was passing on a love note, and believe me, over 70 or not, this is one randy bunch! LOL
A few of my neighbors RoseKitty are elderly. Now elderly is not the problem, but they are cranky as well. It is hard to deal with them and keep civil when the infractions by the children in the neighborhood are so small and they get so bent out of shape. I know its tough to live in a world when no one trusts another, but if they could only befriend the kids, they would have so much support in the form of little helpers with chores. Instead they yell at them call them names, and often call the police for a ball rolling into a yard. I do have neighbors we do socialize with however so not all is lost.
@lady11eve (311)
uhmm,,,me, no...the people here are so much into gossips...they like talking about other peples lives...they cant even give there family a better life,,,yet they spend gambling and chatting about every neighbors life...and if you try to get close to them they will abuse your kindness and take advantage of you...i had this experience,,,i always greet them everytime i pass them...then one day one of my neighbor come to my house asking if she can borrow money cos his granchild is sick,,,becos i care for the kid i lend her...only a few hours i saw her sitting on teh corner of the street playing with my other neighbors...then few days after another neighbor of mine come to me to borrow money and other things...then only to be disappoint me later on...when i got the chance to move away...i keep my life privately...i hope there are really a nice neighbor.
I get along pretty well with my neighbors. The neighbors to my left have keys to my place and I have keys to theirs so we can leave each other's dogs out when we are away. We hang out a lot in the summer when it's nice. The neighbor on the other side just lost his wife and his daughter moved in whom I do not yet know so hard to say about that yet, but we always got along fine before.
@DonnaLawson (4032)
I am praying that my neighbor never moves away, she is the most wonderful person that I have ever known... She has been a friend for the last 9 years and I couldn't ask for a better neighbor.. She has her house up for sale now but it is because her sister-in-law just got her realtors license and she needed some listing very badly.. Well, my neighbor let her list her house for sale, but has turned down everyone that has wanted her house.. The sale is contingent on other options and none of the requirements are being met by the buyers.. so, Joyce will, hopefully, never sell.. She cooks at her church every Wednesday night and guess who gets the leftovers.. Some days it is meatloaf, some days chicken and dumplings, sometimes, just good old B-B-Q and apple pie, but it is something good every Wednesday evening.. So, I am thankful for Joyce and I am going to go out and steal her "For Sale" sign while I am thinking of it..