Wifes Vegetable Beef Soup

Home Made - My wifes home made vegetable beef soup.
@webeishere (36377)
This past Sunday my wife got into the kitchen grabbing left overs and some beef and other things. Well for lunch she whipped up some Vegetable Beef souop. I did not eat any of it as I ate lunch already. Well today sitting with dad I asked what's for lunch. he asked if there was any of that soup left. I heated up some leftovers and man it's tasy as heck. Even a couple of days old it was still tasty. What types of soups do you make from scratch? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@Rosekitty (19490)
• San Marcos, Texas
Grandpa Bob..I always love leftovers as leftovers better than the day i make them..the taste is better cause the seasonings steep longer and make it richer. i love potato and chicken noodle,pea,and vegetable like yours!YummmmY!
@webeishere (36377)
I seldom eat leftovers so when I had this soup today I loved it. Most soups she makes I'll eat leftovers of though. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@mummymo (23709)
I don't make soup very often at all these days AGB and I miss it but I used to love lentil soup! My friend and her other half make soup regularly and always send a tub up to me when they do! The usual is tattie (potato) and leek but there are all sorts! My Grandad always used to say that 2nd or 3rd day soup tasted much better! xxxx
@webeishere (36377)
At my wifes restaraunt they make a good lentil soup. And another called Pot Herb. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM AGB!!~
• Marion, Kansas
Either one of you can send me some lentil soup. I make a mean pot of pinto beans with ham, served with old fashioned corn bread.
@mummymo (23709)
Och Gerty I haven't made it in ages but I would make it and send you some if it wouldn't go off somewhere across the Atlantic! You know I have never tried pinto beans or corn bread - but I am sure they would be delicious! AGB you are closer! xxxx
@minnie_98214 (10574)
None like I can make anything from scratch lol. I have to try moms soup some day.
@webeishere (36377)
Some day ask her to show you how to make it. I keep getting booted from IE7. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM DADDY!!~
I didnt say i want to make it i want to eat it hehehehe.
I have made cream of broccoli from scratch and I also did like your wife, I made a great beef and vegetable soup from veggie leftovers and roast beef. right now I am sort of reeling as I am in some pain, I found out I did not have diverticulitis but shingles ouch and oh my the er doctor said it will take about two weeks for them to go away but he gave me a prescription which is supposed to clear them up they are right around my middle just half way, I was at my primary care doctor yesterday and he was sure it was diverticulitis so gave me meds for that, then this morning I woke with this ugly rash on my tummy and just half way round my middle. i thought it wasan allergy from the new meds but nope the er doc said shingles.
thanks for best response as I really do appreciate it.
@kareng (7986)
Have you ever noticed how some things taste better the next day after all the seasonings settle in? Sounds like a good brew and glad you all enjoyed it. I normally don't make soups from scratch, but I will add fresh stuff to the mixes :) Makes them look homemade...haha.
@webeishere (36377)
I hate leftovers but any soup she makes is great 3 days later even. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@ElicBxn (60156)
I make a good pea, a good potato and a good veggie soup. All are meat free, I learned the pea from a lenten supper church member, the former roomie taught me the potato and I got the veggie from a book in 1977. Well, I adapted it, but its good.
@webeishere (36377)
When I was a carnie many moons ago I used to make split pea soup from scratch. Can't for the life of me make it now. Don't remember the ingredients etc. Now I want to learn to make some homemade onion soup with cheese. Gotta search for a reciope soon I think online. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@TerryZ (22146)
Now stop it!LOL Im so hungry right now. I havent been cooking and the hubby isnt home. I just made some pastina and Im waiting for it to cool. I dont make soups. Some day I must give it a try. Sounds delicous. Send me some.
@webeishere (36377)
I just put an end to my hunger and or cravings. Went out back turning the compost pile. Ewwwww! It's working though. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@carmelanirel (21108)
I make chicken noodle, my favorite especially during the flu and cold season..And I also make bean soup quite often, in fact we are going to finish up the bean soup I made Friday, for supper tonight..
@webeishere (36377)
My wife makes great chicken noodle soup as well. We buy the 2 pack of whole chickens and we will use one for soup and the other gets roasted for a dinner. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@ersmommy1 (12605)
From scratch, none. I buy the mixes. Then I add things to it to make it mine. Yes I know. I take the easy path. Shame on me. Maybe you should share your wifes ingredients. I bet some mylotters would try it. It sounds like it was tasty.
@webeishere (36377)
That is how I make "homemade" soups as well. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@eagle_f15 (2054)
I cook ABC soup from scratch ABC as in potato, corn and carrot. With only these 3 ingredients the soup would be as tasty and as sweet as ever. I think the beef soup is as tasty cos you reheated it again. The more times you heat up soup or the longer you heat them up the tastier it becomes and to add one more thing when it's wife's home cooking it will definitely taste better.hehehhe!!!!My husband says that
@terri0824 (4975)
My favorite type of soup that I make from scratch is split pea soup. I like getting the diced ham and put some diced carrots in the split pea soup. And I like to put cheddar cheese in my bowl of soup, it sure is tasty. Makes me want to make a batch of it, since I haven't made it in a good while.
@lilybug (21182)
I make chicken noodle, French onion, and Cheeseburger soup from scratch. Those are the ones I make most often. I have also made Pumpkin soup, and Chicken Tortilla soup recently from scratch.
@CatsandDogs (13964)
Oh gosh I LOVE vegetable beef soup!! Especially when it's days old!! That's when the flavor really gets into everything and the liquid mixture. My grandmother made the best vegtable beef soup ever!! Every time she made it, she'd call me up and say, "I made some soup!" and I'd answer "I'm on my way!" She'd get a kick out of that! Now I make it and have learned how to make it that it tastes pretty darned good. I put 10 cubes of beef boilion cubes in the water and then let it cook in the crock pot for hours and hours till the peas are all pruned up, shrivled up then it's ready to eat. Boy!! is it good!!!! lol
@wisconsin26 (3861)
I have done beef soups before and chicken soups before, But alway simmered them in a crock pot.. How ever when doing that it don't seem to keep the taste and I am not sure why that is.. Maybe not enough flavoring or something, just not sure.. However once the soups are at least two days old I normally dump the rest.. There is one soup though that I really enjoy making and that is wild rice soup.. Much better than chicken at least that's what I think...
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
Soups, stews, chili and all that always tastes better a day or two later, after the flavors meld. Sounds like she did a good job for just throwing things together. I don't make many soups, but I do make a great corn chowder. Of course, anything that's made with cream (or half & half) and lots of butter would have to be good, right?
@stephcjh (32385)
I really can only eat vegetable beef soup in the winter time but not very often. I used fried hamburger in mine and only a few select vegetables. I don't like alot of cooked vegetables so I only use corn and green beans. I like to also add some potatoes in there also. I make my vegetable soup from scratch and my chili also.
• Bahamas
Here in the Bahamas, we have a soup called pea soup & dumplins. It's made from scratch you have pidgon peas,dumplins made from flour & water mixed to make a dough,and lots of meat and vegtables of your choice it's delicious. WE also have crab soup, it's a Bahamain thing that we love. They can be refridgerated and they taste even better when they're a few days old.Just about every soup or stew we make are made from scratch.
@gemini_rose (16194)
Well I do not make soup from scratch, although I am always saying that "one of these days I am going to make my own soup". I am lazy and eat it out of a tin. But I know if I made it myself it would be even tastier. I think that leftovers always taste better second and third time around, especially home made things, it is like the flavours come out more.
@cher913 (25895)
i got this great beef and barley soup recipe from the internet, i throw beef bone (which i can get pretty cheap from the butchers), carrots, potatoes and of course, barley. we serve it with fresh bread that we make in our breadmaker (a freebie from a friend) so all in all, its a pretty cheap meal!
@blackbriar (9126)
The only soup I will make from scratch is chicken noodle soup loaded with carrots, celery, chicken and noodles. I like to make huge batches so I can freeze some for later use.
@webeishere (36377)
Just like my wifes. Except a huge batch doesn't last long at all here. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~