How often do you read the bible?

The Bible - A book of God's word.
@dfollin (12768)
I used to read the bible every night in bed before I went to sleep.I usually read for about an hour.Then I moved in to a house where there was a dark colored paint in my bedroom and I could not see to read at night.I could not read downstair's during the day because I babysit,therefore I could not concintrate on the words.Now,I have moved again and Iam going to get back to it.How often to you read God's word?
@k8cath (341)
I read it as much as possible daily so that I could renew my heart with all that is of God. :) However, I sometimes feel guilty because there would be times that the act wouldn't be coming from the heart but it comes like it's something that is manually done. -_- I hope and pray that it will all come back to my eagerness and not just for the sake of reading..T_T
@dfollin (12768)
I know what you mean,sometimes my mind has so much on it,that I wasn't really paying attention to the reading.Then I could just say I did,but I have to remember God knows what was going on.So,its better just not to read that day and pray about it.
@k8cath (341)
That's also the problem. People are always having a hard time about things around them. But the Bible also says that we shouldn't be anxious of things around us because God knows what we need He will provide it for us. And He also said that we should seek ye first the kingdom of God - and those are really hard to neglect. o.o
@maddysmommy (16235)
Not at all. The last time I picked up the bible was at church two weekends ago. I had not attended church for four years since that weekend. I hope that will change soon.
@dfollin (12768)
You don't have to be in a church to worship God or read his word.But,I have found that if you find the right church that fits you that it makes your attitude and involvement with christianity better. If for some reason you cannot get to church then read a bible.If you do not have one,then get one from a local church or read scriptures or even the bible online.
@maddysmommy (16235)
No I meant that the last time I picked up a bible was two weeks ago in church. I know I don't have to go to church to read the bible. I have one of my own and was gifted it by my husband years ago. I have strayed away from God and finding my way back.
@Essie119 (673)
I read mine once a day - usually just before bed (the only truly quiet time of the day in my house). Sometimes I miss a day, but I try not to.
@dfollin (12768)
It is ok if you miss a day as long as God is still on your mind,He knows it.
@Polly1 (12648)
I start out my day reading scripture and end my day reading scripture. I don't read it from the bible though. I get daily scripture in my email, I read that each morning. Then at night before I get in bed, I read my daily scripture from small booklets I get from church. It helps my days and nights.
@dfollin (12768)
That is great and it does not matter if it is directly from the bible or not.It is still God's word.
@lucy02 (5017)
I don't read it as much as I should. I pick it up quite randomly and read it. I really should do better. I was in discipleship training classes and would read it much more regularly. Maybe I can get back to that soon.
@dfollin (12768)
I also think that if I had more time that I would get back to reading faster and more.I hope that you do get back to discipleship training classes.
@slickcut (8141)
I should read the Bible everynight but i have to admit that i don;t.i have read the Bible all of my life ,for years..I do have a prayer box with scriptures in it that i take a scripture a day,i also have a friend that sends me a daily scripture..
@dfollin (12768)
I have to get back to it too.But,it is great that you have a prayer box and get scriptures.
@terri0824 (4991)
I don't read it as much as I should. I do take notes on Sunday's from the sermons, and I learn a lot that I didn't know and able to understand it a lot better now than ever before. I sometimes have my TV on the Christian TV station and they have Bible study on it, and I wake up to it, so even though I don't read the word by myself I am getting the WORD in other forms.
@dfollin (12768)
I like the Sunday school too,I do learn the meaning's of those words better.But I also found that if I read the NIV Rainbow Study Bible that it is more of a language I can understand.Then I just read the same verses in the KJV bible (the one I use)and then know what it means better because I had just read the NIV.
@kenzie45230 (3560)
I try to read quite a bit of God's word every day. My favorite time is early in the morning. When my son was little, I used to wake before him and his father, so I could be alone. I would sit on our front porch with my first cup of coffee, my Bible, and my notebook so I could write my thoughts and prayers. Now, with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, I don't get up as early as I once did. But I do try to spend time when I wake up with the Lord. Starting the day with Him helps me focus on what's really important. I also have a PC Study Bible on my computer, so throughout the day, I can spend more time.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
At least 3 times a week. I need to get back into reading my bible more then that and I admit that I do.