When grandparents rule over your parenting styles

@Bebs08 (10689)
Most often, grandparents would always come to the rescue of their grand children's affair even if they made mistakes. I just don't understand why grandparents are so much in love with their grand children that they overlooked their mistakes and cover them up. This scenario made the parents upset and conflict starts. Well how would you handle this? what would you do when grandma and grandma stop you on the spot, while you are dealing with you erring child? Oh!! it's tough!! This things happened very often. Could you share your experience regarding this? How did you manage it?
@nanajanet (4436)
I had a little of that and with my mother I would say, "Do you think you did a bad job raising me?" She would say, "NO!" and I would say, "Well, since you did such a great job raising me, you should then trust that you did such a good job that I am as good as you were in raising my children and can handle this." That usually stopped her in her tracks. With my in-laws, I let my husband handle that. For the most part, we had little interference.
@Bebs08 (10689)
Oh!! that's good.. You are smart in dealing with this.. at least you have your say. thanks for the reply.
@Ravenladyj (22937)
I dont deal with it simply because I dont allow it to happen..Not with ANY of the grandparents or other relatives for that matter..I've ALWAYS made sure that it was understood too that i wouldnt tolerate right from when my kids were tiny ones...
@Bebs08 (10689)
I think you are right!! when you don't allow it to happen it won't happen. But there are some daughters in-law who are very submissive to their parents in-law. They don't want to be dislike by them because they reasoned. That is why they tolerated the mother in-law to rule over their parenting.
@rosey19 (952)
Yes that's true grandparents are over spoiling so much their grand children and they cover up the mistakes committed. This happens to me and I told my mother that do not interrupt me when I am disciplining my children because they will not anymore obey my rules. I explain to my mother that don't show to them that you agree of their behavior it will not help them grow a better person. Maybe it's painful in their part seeing their grandchildren crying but they understood my intention.