Pet Peeves...

Ok so I was just responding to another question and this came to mind. What is your biggest pet peeve in life and why? Mine is being interupted. I think that to interupt someone when they are talking is very disrespectful. I hate to be in the middle of a conversation or a sentence and have someone just start talking over me, especially when it is about something completely unrelated to what I was talking about. How about you. What is your #1 pet peeve in life?
@mentalward (14695)
I don't like being interrupted, either. But my pet peeve is stupid/bad drivers. I'm not the type who gets upset easily, and I rarely get upset on the road, but it boggles my mind to try to understand the reasoning of some of these drivers! Drivers need to be more courteous. That's a big, expensive hunk of machinery surrounding you and if more people were just plain courteous on the road, some of the body shops would go out of business! Not that I want to put them out of business, I'd just like to see less accidents on the road simply because someone was in too much of a hurry to care about other drivers.
lol that's a good one. I never even thought about it. I'm so careful on the road that I usually make up for their ignorance. I just think of it as a part of driving. There are inconsiderate people everywhere and most of them drive as well. :)
@mentalward (14695)
My favorite quote (of mine own coining) is: "Not all drivers are idiots, but all idiots have driver's licenses." Of course, sometimes the word 'idiots' is changed for a more appropriate word. *wink*
@spalladino (17925)
What? I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention. That's my pet peeve. I'll be talking to (usually) my daughter and I end up having to repeat myself because she wasn't paying attention. Or, I'm on the phone with someone and someone else on their end starts talking to them and I have to repeat myself.
lol, it's the opposite here. My son has decided that I don't listen well enough to him. He might be a little right since he just talks and talks and talks until your ears bleed, so I have learned to tune him out a little. Anyway he often asks ME to repeat back to him what he said. lol that is a little annoying too.
@spalladino (17925)
LOL...that's too funny!! My oldest grandson is like that and I have to make myself listen...while my ears are bleeding. :-)
@jashley1 (746)
Hello, I have many pet peeves (smile), but one that first came to mind is when my husband takes off his dirty socks and rolls them up and then puts them in the dirty clothes. Since I'm a stay at home mom, I do all of the laundry and I cannot stand having to unroll his dirty socks when doing laundry. It just gets on my nerves! That and having to empty out his pockets before washing pants...ahhh! But these are minor things I suppose and although it took about three years for him to stop leaving the toilet seat up, I do have faith that he will learn to undo these habits as well over time!
Yep I can understand that one. If you keep telling him, he MIGHT stop but honestly i have been with my hubby 18 years and he still does the sock thing. He has learned to empty his pockets though because I have forgotten before and washed his wallet and other things he had in his pockets that have been very irratating to him. lol one way to train him, even if it really was accidental.
@KrauseHome (35529)
Well, one of my biggest Pet Peeves are people who always act like the world owes them a living, always complaining about things, and never wanting to do anything for themselves to change it. These are the people you see asking for something constantly, and complaining when something is not given to them even if someone else deserves it more. They also are the last ones to want to help out with expenses such as Gas, but yet wanting a ride almost anywhere.
Hey I think you must know my sister. lol j/k but it sounds awfully familiar.
@ynigz1 (472)
waiting for people who dated with me but haven't on time.
i have a looooot but on top of the list is being told what to do. GRRR!