Do you like Lima Beans? Or Yams (Sweet Potatoes)?

I am just making supper, and wondered what you all thought. I have some lovely little meat pies, pure meat, absolutely delicious, with beef gravy, green beans, and Lima Beans or Sweet Potatoes. I don't know which to make. Do you like either of them? If you had to choose between the two, which would you pick?
@p1kef1sh (45647)
I'd go for the Sweet Potatoes every time Annie. You know why? Because I have no idea what a Lima Bean is. But they sound interesting, so please share with this poor old pulse starved Brit whose knowledge of beans is largely confined to Broad, Runner, Kidney and Baked. ( Haricot and Black Eyed too).
Lima beans are light green, come in a can.......um,,,,,
In the UK a 'butter bean' as they are called there. They are sold dried and can be rehydrated or are sold canned as I bought them here. Does that help any?
I can't upload pics yet or I would give you one. They are kidney shaped, but flatter. I would almost call thema potatoe type of vegetable, because they are so meaty and filling. Sorry, P1ke for being so scattered. Must still be stoned from 420 earlier.
@skinnychick (6937)
I don't like either of them honestly. But Sweet Potatoes would be the lesser of 2 evils. At least they are sweet and not pasty and dry. :)
Interesting. So we will make you a different vegetable, or maybe a salad then. How's that? Thanks for coming to my discussion skinny. I appreciate it.
I would have made some corn or any other veggie but those too. Maybe a salad?? That sounds kind of good right now. :)
@Bd200789 (2994)
I don't like either. Can I choose none of the above?
Sure, why not. I don't make people eat things they don't like. How about I make you some regular white potatoes and mash them up and put gravy on them.
@Bd200789 (2994)
Sounds good to me.
Annie, I love them both. but if it were me and it was a crusty meat pie I would not serve either, as limas a re starchy and so are the yams. I think yams then would be a better choice to go with the pie, and green beans.... Yum tho it sll sounds delicious.
Me, too. The meat pies aren't that crusty, though and packed with solid (ground) meat. So thin crust. I almost considered them as a potatoe serving, if you know what I mean. Yeah, starch. And yes, (munch, munch, slurp) burp! Very good it is.
@Deea48 (1168)
For me it would have to be the sweet potatoes, nummmy, num. I would not even consider eating the lime beans ewwwww.....Sounds like a nice meal enjoy.
Thanks for coming to my discussion. (chomp, chomp, munch, slurp!)
@CanadaGal (4307)
On account that I can't stand lima beans OR sweet potatoes... I'd have just the green beans with the meat pie. MMmmmmm.... meat pie would be SO GOOD right now! I'm feeling rather munchie from eating a brownie about 2 hours ago. (bwhahahaha! I wrote 2 YEARS the first time.... hahahhahahahha!!!).
Ismokedsome at 420 and then again just a few minutes ago. Company showed up, so had to be polite. Trouble spelling ,,,
@CanadaGal (4307)
I'm considering being polite to myself this evening. Hmmmm.... I have so many brownies... but no one to share them with. :( **wishes Annie lived closer to London**
Well, it is looking like I may actually make it out your way in July this year. For a few days, too. So, maybe we will get that chance. Who knows, eh?
• Regina, Saskatchewan
When did you learn to cook? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? No self respecting cook would serve lima beans! I will NOT be coming to your house for dinner. I hate lima beans. I'm not fond of sweet potatos. I'd rather have mashed red potatos, lamb and corn on the cob? Sound familiar? MUCH better - and I don't end up farting all night from lima beans! ROFL
I actually just felt like them for some unknown reason. Maybe it was because I was craving extra protein as "george" was on his way. ha ha But I'll make you a leg of lamb roast, corn on the cob and mashed potatoes, with gravy when you come, for sure.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
You have a deal. I'll give you lots of notice before I come so that you can butcher lamb (it MUST be fresh, not frozen! LOL), steal the corn from the corn field, and dig up the potatos! LOL I KNOW how you do things! ROFL Oh, and thanks for br too - hugs.
@novataylor (6572)
The pie sounds wonderful and I'd eat it with either limas or sweet potatoes. I love them both! I just made a big pot of pinto beans with ham. Most yummy! Rich and thick and so tasty! And corn bread goes great with them. They're one of the things I really enjoy making and they always turn out great. That and fried chicken. I love to fry chicken! Crispy, juicy, yum!
Pie? Where's the pie? I love pie? Yum. Yours sounds really good, too. Yum. I can't eat fried chicken, because of my gastritis, I bake it instead, but it still sounds delicious!
@golfproo (1841)
Hi There, I am no fan of lima beans that is for sure. I would definately choose the sweet potatoes. I seem to have developed a real liking for sweet potatoes as I never really used to like them before. I dont think I will ever develop the same liking for lima beans. :) cheers,
Yes, the sweet potatoes seem to be the most popular choice here. But amazingly, not everyone likes them, too. Thanks a bunch for responding to my discussion, though. I appreciate it.
@cjgrooms (4457)
Lima beans is the only dry bean that i will eat. Sweet potatos are okay but not one of my favorites.
Well, I just heated them up and ate them with plenty of margarine and salt and pepper as a vegetable addition to the meal, just for something different. I was the only one who ate them, though. We'll make a salad for you, and you can always have some of the green beans, if you like them. Thanks for responding cjgrooms.
@twallace (2675)
I like Lima beans and Sweet Potatoes. They are both good.
Ahhhh, someone like me. Yes, I also like both of them, but think I am in the minority. This discussion will tell me though. Thanks so much for responding. Pass the green beans, too, will ya?
@kbourgerie (8775)
LOL. Please don't be offended, but I opt not to eat dinner at your house. I don't like any of the choices you have given and would almost pay you not to have to eat them. Lima beans? Sweet potatoes? Makes me shudder to think about them. Although, I'm sure you are a wonderful cook, could I please have a taco?
Hate them that much, eh? Well, of course, we'll make you tacos then. No problem. Can't have anyone going hungry here on the farm. Never a shortage of food. Thanks for your opinion, kbourgerie. You are a welcome addition to any discussion.