My dad has cancer...

Well the doctor didnt come out and say that-he said he had a tumor on his spine. He went for test on thursday and the doctor called and had him come to the hospital on friday. So you know its serious. And just to point out smoking for 50 years has nothing to do with it. Ive got alot to deal with on my plate at the moment. Hugs to all, Melodie
@lucy02 (5017)
Did he go to the hospital today? Maybe its something else a little less serious. I hope so anyway.
yep 2 weeks he has been in the hospital and it looks like at least another week or two after surgery. They havent ruled out cancer yet.
melodie Iam so sorry to hear your dad has a tumor on his spine. I will send my prayers to you and your dad and hope it will not be as bad as YOu think. I can well imagine you have a lot to contend with right now. wish we all could help you in some way.
Thank you Hatley. Its true the stress has been really high. If the doctor thinks there is hope, I hope as well he will get better soon.
Hi my dear. I hope all goes well for you and hopefully when you do go see the docto there will not be anything serious at all. Just keep the faith and be strong ok. You can fight anything you want if you have the will. I will pray that all goes well for you and your family God Bless.
Sometimes its like fighting the world and there is no way to win. Thank you for your support. We are trying all that we can do.
@sameroad (3180)
I'm very sorry to hear that.. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Maybe it wont be as serious as you think.
Thank you. He has had on going back pain for 30 years nothing can make it better. Its hard to watch him suffer.
@hellcowboy (7383)
I am so sorry to hear that you dad has cancer and I know how hard it must be to see him in the hospital like that,because I lost both my grandparents on my dad's side,and my aunt on dad's to cancer,and I will keep him in prays,and I hope he gets better soon.
Thank you. They only found one tumor that they talked about. So hopefully that is it. They havent said if its cancer or not yet. Its a waiting game it seems. I know cancer is evil. Sorry you lost loved ones-hugs. I lost my grandmother the night I graduated from high school to cancer-its something that haunts you forever.
Your welcome,and I am glad that they have only found one tumor,and I pray that it isnt cancer,and I know the waiting game is a hard game to play,and yeah cancer is one of the greatist evils on the earth,and I know that it haunts you forever,cause too this day I still remember my grandparents and my aunt in the hospital, knowing that the cancer was going to kill them.
UPDATE. My dad was in the hospital for almost a month they moved him to a nursing home close to home. A week after his major back surgery the hospital let him go. He has lost so much weight. He hates to eat sometimes. At the nursing home they tried to get him out of bed and he passed out. He doesnt have cancer but he does have something wrong with his bones. The doctor described it as termites where eating away his bones. Instead of getting stronger he is more weak. I spent fathers day with him but he just wasnt his self. And he slept most of the time. Its really hard to watch. Thank you for caring it means alot to me.
@saundyl (9698)
I'm so sorry about you dad. I hope the best for him and that Its not a cancer that requires major treatments. About the smoking...it can cause some types of cancer but not every cancer is caused by the same things. Some people are just born with it.
He doesnt seem to have cancer. We dont know what is wrong with him. The hard part is trying to get something done before its too late.
@saundyl (9698)
Thats good that he doesnt have cancer. I hope they do find what is wrong with him. Keep us updated!
She was complaining about my dad and the shape he is in so I suggested to her to call the doctor-she didnt. She told me not to tell her what to do-grrrrrrrr. I wanted my dad to be checked out by a doctor. My mom didnt. Needless to say we arent getting along. That helps with stress. yippy.
@whiteheron (4223)
Wishing you and your family much strength and praying for much healing to your father... Keep the prayers all positive as it has been proven that prayer does heal people... There was though a study of heart patients in which those who prayed were told to pray for that the people had successful heart surgerys with no complications... They had successfull surgeries but had complications... as there is no "no" when it comes to prayer... I pray in the positive, for the best and highest of God's will to occur and for him to recover fully. Hugs to you.
Thank you so much for the positive heart felt prayers. It really means alot to me and my family. And the hugs I love dearly=bless you.
• Egypt
I'm very sorry to hear that,God is able to absolve him.
Than you. I'm sure he would.
@metschica25 (5409)
Oh my dear I am so sorry to hear about your father having cancer .Cancer is a monster !! I wish him the best treatmeant and I know he must have wonderful support that will help him through this . You can beat cancer ,just never give up hope . I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers .May you find peace and strength . Bless you.
Actually alot has happend since I first posted. Ive updated several times. He is doing better. Thank you for the prayers. It does mean alot to know people do care.
I am sorry to hear about your dad haveing cancer. I know to hear this kind of thing is scary for useally when a doctor say's it's that it useally is. I will keep you and him in my prayers that god may be with both of you through this hard time. Keep us updated on how he is doing from time to time and we are here for you should you need to talk take care and god bless.
Thank you for caring. The doctor said it wasnt cancer although he did say it was like termites eating his bones. Rigt now he isnt himself. The nursing home thinks it is is medicine. Just a waiting game.
@tintinn (277)
Melodie, I am so sorry to hear about that. There is nothing else I can say apart from telling you that; be strong, keep fighting and the most important thing; always have hope. Good luck. *Hugs*
Hope is something my mom and I try to have. But its hard at the moment. Than you.
@nangel78 (1459)
I am sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts will be with you. I hope things will be ok.
Thank you. I will know more in a few weeks. I know the way they did his surgery he is going to be in pain. The went into his back and did some repairs then they went in from the front and moved all his organs up and did more work on his spine that way too.