Weekend Getaway

@Rosekitty (19438)
San Marcos, Texas
If you were to plan a last minute weekend getaway, where would you go, what would you do, and what book would you take with you?
If I could book a weekend right now, rose I would go to Gatlinburg. Its not a long drive less than 3 hours, I would buy the new king book in the dark tower series The Long Road Home. But to tell you the truth, I would hope that I would not have need of a book to read, and that my husband would keep me occupied if you know what I mean! It's been a long time since we have gotten a chance to get away by ourselves.
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
Uh..excuse me Angel, but what would you and Hubby be doing do tell...LOL..and would this be on the road? in the sky? or by donkey???
• Regina, Saskatchewan
I love Gatlinburg! Can I come? Can I come? Wait - scratch that. I'll read the book and you can 'come'! LOL
Oh rose the donkey sounds exciting :)))) Sparks, LMAO Gatlinburg is one of my favorite places. At Christmas time it is a fantasy world. The aquarium is one of the largest in the world. We take a whole day just for it. You can find some pretty cheap hotel and motel deals, the money is in the attractions. I love to hike the trails, and this is the time of year to do it before it gets too hot. Yes indeed "come" with us!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
I would go to mylot and my book would be the mylot digest. Addictions are terrible things! ROFL
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
Want to go to addiction anyomous with me?? LOL...we can bring all our mylot family with us and Pye can bring the books..since she's writing enough now.I can bring some new toys made of glass from my store for smoking..shhh..and go and wake P1ke from his nap..he needs to come too!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
NOw that's a plan I can get excited about .............oh P1key, have I got a surprise for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! LOL
@snakequeen (1300)
I don't plan anything last minute! Right now i have no idea where i would go, if i were to plan one last minute. But definitely i would not take any book with me, because i go there to enjoy, not reading book and spend time!
@p1kef1sh (45640)
Oh Rosie, what an invitation. I have a friend in Texas who has to go on a trip herself. I'd turn up at her place with a sumptuous picnic. I'd help her pack because she can be a little sloppy in that department and we'd hit the road together. After a while we'd stop by a river and lie on the grass eating our food and drinking the champagne I'd brought. Then I'd find the driver that I had hidden in the trunk and she would drive us the rest of the way. My friend and I would sit in the back of the car laughing and fooling about. I'd not mind the grandchildren sitting. Might be fun.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
Forgot the book - Cider with Rosie by Laurie Lee. Had to be really.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
Thank you for the BR Rosie.
@maddysmommy (16233)
I would find a camping site within our state, not too far and go there for the weekend. Pack the tent or sleep in a cabin, sleeping bags, pots and pans for cooking on the fire and sorts - that's what I would love to do.
@Carolyn63 (1403)
Usually that would mean a camping trip which I would be thrilled with. However, one time, just to get away to ourselves, we got a motel room for the weekend with a hot tub. Quiet time alone, no one knowing where we were, wonderful. Usually I do take a book when we go camping. Most of the time it is something on shamanism, animals, plants, or meditation. Sometimes something just for the enjoyment of reading. Hugs
I would go to Yosemite park and hike and relax and enjoy all the scenery and take pictures. I would take along the latest Stephen King novel i am reading and would cook over a campfire. I would memorize everything so I could remember all the fun when I got back home.