help me get over with chapped lips

I seem to have chapped lips throughout the year while people seem to have chapped lips only during winters.During winters, its horiible cos it starts to peel of due to dryness.I use biotic lip balm and thats it, no lipstick or makeup.I do drink a lot of water and yet i cant seem to get a smooth lip.Please share and suggest how i can get over chapped lips
@zer0charly (5619)
you have to exfoliate your lips. after you brush your teeth, put lip balm or petroleum jelly on your lips, then brush your lips. always put lip balm whenever you feel that your lips were dry. then before you go to sleep, put lip balm or petroleum jelly again. to avoid windburn.
thanks for the best response.
i used to have this kind of problem. is your lip balm any good? i used to have chapped lips too but i applied Vaseline Petroleum Jelly every night before i go to bed and now my lips arent dry anymore.
somehow vaseline petroleum is not helping me.every half hr it dries up n i feel i need vaseline all the more after applying it
That was also my problem before..and still there are times when my lips get so dry that it flakes and I peel it off (yeah, ouch!) So, my remedy for that is good ol' Petroleum Jelly, it works wonders! try it!! i put a lot at night, and when I wake up, my lips are smooth...oh, and another tip to get rid of the flakes: after getting a shower, since your skin is soft and supple, you can brush your lips GENTLY with a toothbrush, it removes those flakes away... :)
thank you for sharing your tips...let me try the night application of vaseline.thanks
@ssh123 (31104)
I have a bad habit of peeling off the dry skin on the lips throughout the year and as a result, there is a white patch on my lips. Suprisingly my son too has picked up this habit particularly when he is thinking of something, he peels off the skin. As you said it is very irritating and unbearable during winter. We found out from our grandmothers to overcome this problem. Before get into bed, apply the ghee on the lips and by morning it comes to normaly and no burning or irritation is noticed.
hey, thanks for the tip.though the thought of ghee is not so nice, id try it cos its sure better than chapped lips
@poohgal (6848)
It may be caused by the evaporation of moisture. Drinking helps to keep your throat and body hydrated. After drinking water, try not to let your lips stay wet. The water on your lips may evaporate and this might cause chapped lips. Honey has Antibacterial properties which can help heal and soothe chapped lips.
hi you can follow these natural ways to avoid chapping of lips 1. apply ghee to your lips after finishing your every meals 2. apply milk cream with ground nut oil before going to sleep 3. massage your lips with coconut oil daily