i have a problem with a laptop maybe??

whenever i turn on my toshiba satellite which is only about 3 years old. i get this message "failure predicted on hard disc 0: toshiba, it is recommended to back all pertinant data emmediately press f1 to continue" i cannot find anything wrong with it other than that message on startup. can anyone help me out with this question? thanks and have a great day
Basically every reported value has a certain threshold level (a maximum value). Once you start reaching those thresholds,SMART will warn you that the recorded errors the drive is having is hitting unacceptable levels. Many times people do not get the opportunity to receive a SMART warning, as catastrophic spontaneous failures occur. If you are getting SMART warnings you should definitely take heed of them, as you are fortunate enough to have some time before catastrophic failure. Everyone here is definitely on the money - back up your data as soon as possible and use another drive. Remember, problems that are detected with chkdsk and scandisk are to the data stored on the drive only - SMART errors are actual errors the drive itself is having and taking note of. It is never a question of if a drive fails, but when.
@ferdzNK (3214)
So this is a SMART warning. Your are right I have never ever receive one. Thanks for pointing this out and for the clear explanation Mayankbhushan .
@beamer23 (92)
I am thinking you need to get a hold of someone at Toshiba pronto. Have you backed up your data? What it sounds like to me is one of two things: 1.) Either you have a virus which is just messing with your head and there is nothing wrong with your computer at all, except for that annoying message or 2.) You are at the edge of some very bad things happening to your hard drive. All your data is stored there, that is why I asked if you had your info backed up. beamer23
@ferdzNK (3214)
Normally F1 prompt for a system error not a software related one. If you receive this error too often then it is a sign of an impending hardware problem. The good thing here is, you know what part is about to give way so better heed with the recommendation and be ready with the replacement Hard drive.