Ginseng in the Mt.dew!!!!!!

OK as I stated in my earlier pepsi discussion they have added ginseng into the mt. dew. My question to you is how do you feel about that? Can you OD on ginseng to the point where it makes you sick thus limiting you Mt. Dew drinking?
@tessah (6621)
you can OD on anything really..some stuff is more volatile than others. not fond of ginseng myself.. so im hoping it isnt an added ingredient in all of them and is just part of the new strain. otherwise, i will be very unhappy to lose my code red.. if they add ginseng to them all .. i wont be doin the dew no more. ..;sniff;..
you honestly can hardly tell about the ginseng being added I usually hate the stuff added to anything. but I must say it provides and extra kick to my day!!
@tessah (6621)
have they added it to all of them? or just the "new" strains?
just the three new strains of it
@skinnychick (6907)
I may consider drinking Mt. Dew- it's the one of the only Pepsi products I like. But with Ginseng, I'm not so sure. I just like the caffeine. I'm not sure if you can OD if you drink to much. I think the supplement is pretty harmless.
So have you tried the new ginsenged Mt. dews?
I'll have to check for them again. I haven't seen it in the stores around here for some reason. But I will probably give them a try.
go to wally world you should be able to get them there.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
Ginseng is an aphrodisiac Bella. Look out for crazed boys all after you. LOL. Or should it be the other way round!
i got sick last night after my 6th mt.dew of the evening, man I felt naucious and I got a head ache. so I was wondering wether overdosing was possible on ginseng!!! LOL!!!
@tessah (6621)
some people are sensitive to ginseng bella.. same as other "all natural "harmless" herbals" (my fathers skankofthemonth wound up in the hospital from some weird concoction of herbs she was eating.. blood tests came back saying she was pregnant ..;laughs;.. ) youmay have just had an upset tummy.. or it may be the ginseng.. only way to know is test yerself. if you get ill again from it, id say it wasnt an isolated coincidence.. and id steer clear of it.
thaks hun, I'm going to try drinking the mt. dew again but since it's starting to get warm here and I have chronic migraines it's hard for me to tell wether it's the ginseng or not but I will try today and see what happens if it happens again I know that I have a four drink minimum before I get sick and that will limit me to my mt.dew.
My old doctor cautioned about people below the age of 35 taking ginseng because I was on a whole ginsana, and ginko biloba kick to improve my memory back then and I was only 22. But honestly I think that whatever benefits get added to soda, the sugar, corn syrup, and carbonation all but makes them worthless. And it is more for marketing then personal well being. So I wouldn't suspect we are going to be seeing too many news reports of 12 year old couch potatoes getting ruptured pancreases from ingesting too much ginseng in their Mountain Dew.
What did the doc caution you about??? And why below 35???
while I sit on hold let me try to remember...lol! Yeah there was a joke in there if you caught it. Something about people under the age of 35 who took supplements to improve their memory and whatnot could end up doing more damage because up until that age you are still supposed to be sharp. Maybe I shouldn't have listened and continued taking the ginsana cause for the life of me I can't remember what he said it would do to me. But doctor from JHU trumped the sale CVS was having on them and I stopped taking them. Maybe it's like with anything else...if you don't need it, don't take it. *shrug*
I don't think you can OD on ginseng, I drink green tea with ginseng and honey all the time and I've never gotten sick from it. I just wonder why they had to put it in Mt. Dew? Isn't the caffiene and sugar enough? LOL
I would say there is but obviously not if they are putting ginseng into it. but what exactly does ginseng do? here is a link on ginseng and it does not say anything about having the effect of caffiene. LOL!!!! http://nccam.nih.gov/health/asianginseng/