Glasses v surgery

Do you wear glasses? if so, have you ever considered having laser eye surgery or does wearing glasses not bother you?
@hellcowboy (7383)
I wear glasses when I drive,because I am nearsighted so I cant see far away,I have thought about laser surgery, but I would never do it because in my opinion it is too dangerous.
I think I would agree with you - I just know if it was going to go wrong that would be my luck :(
Yeah I know what you mean,bad luck seems to follow me sometimes too,so I would rather be safe then sorry lol, good luck with your goals,have a good day,and Happy Posting.
@spalladino (17925)
My eyes have always been very sensative so I'm leery of trying surgery and have never worn contacts. I may get brave enough one day for the laser but there's no way I'm poking myself in the eye to put a contact in.
I have verysensitive eyes too but have used disposable contacts that you just wear for a day. I ask about surgery becuase I am still very wary about using lasers on my eyes. Where I used to work one of our customers was blinded in one eye by a surgeon doing laser eye surgery and another friend I have had it but has to wear glasses in the night time to correct a minor problem.
@jwfarrimond (4474)
I've worn glasses for most of my adult life so I'm so used to them now that I don't realise that I've got them on most of the time. Laser treatment is out of the question for me as my eyes are so bad that I don't think that it would be possible. I'm also not sure about the long term value. After all, our eyes change all the time, mine have just got worse and worse over the years and I wonder what would happen if someone had laser treatment but then there eyes continued to deteriorate so that after 10 or 15 years the eyes where as bad as they where before the laser surgery?
Since laser eye surgery still having some problem, I will still wearing glasses (and it's doesn't bother me much).
I wear contacts right now. My eyes are still changeing slightly every year so I can't have the surgery done yet. I think I will probably have it done eventually. My father had it done not long ago and no problems. It was surprisingly simple and painless. He had to wear an eyepatch for a day or two, but he loves only wearing glasses when he reads now. He said it also made driving a lot easier. I think the technology has gotten good enough that the rewards outweigh the risks. Of course I say that until someone I know loses the sight in an eye from the procedure.
I wear glasses sometimes, most of the time I wear contacts. I would love to have surgery so I wouldn't have to bother with them because the contacts can get irritating after awhile. I hate wearing glasses and only wear them as an accessory to an outfit, generally. Lately I've been thinking that insurance companies should cover Lasik because it would save them the expense of the eye exam and glasses or contacts every year! It would be nice to not have to depend on glasses or contacts.
I wear glasses and i don't mind them, but i do prefer contacts if i could afford them. As for surgery, i would love to have it done. My friend was going to do it but decided against having surgery because there is a risk you could go blind. Well considering i am half way there anyways it would be a risk i'm willing to take.