The Long Bumpy Road.

Well my vacation started off not so good. Traveling while pregnant just isnt fun. It was a three hour drive and yet I had to stop to pee like 8 times lol. But the worst was seeing someone run into a deer. It was on the other side of the freeway and it was not pleasant. And no Im not like my dad I didnt stop for pictures. We got lucky and saw deer but never got close to hitting any. So any of you hit deer or other animals on a road trip or just see it happen?
@laglen (19782)
I hit a rabbitt driving to Vegas, that was traumatic enough! I was raised in Michigan and lots of people hit deer.
@webeishere (36355)
I was born and raised in Dearborn Heights Michigan. I've been in Minnesota since 1976 now. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Poor wittle wabbitt.
@foxyfire33 (10009)
my last deer hit - This one I did 12 days after getting the car...all because I had to go to the store for eggs. Pretty expensive eggs I'll tell you lol...$1.89 for the carton, $75 for the new headlight, $15 to replace that red piece...can't find a hood for under $200 so I kept the old one...
LOL...it always amazes me how many people think hitting a deer is a major event...we do it all the time here! Of course the wildlife people insist that the deer population is not out of control but I don't think I've had a vehicle that didn't come in contact with a deer at least once. Ugh...it's never fun though, and I've never hit one at a speed above 50mph or so, I'm sure a freeway hit is pretty bad to see.
Yeah I have never hit a deer either. They are a big deal here cause it seems to happen on the freeways alot. I mean this freeway is 70 MPH so it can be tough.
@foxyfire33 (10009)
And we don't really have freeways here...one 4-lane highway in the general vicinity, but mostly just 2 lane state roads and smaller township roads.
@Fishmomma (11524)
I haven't hit any animals, but there have been close calls. My husband hit a cat, which we took to the Animal Hospital. The owner was glad that we did get the cat care quickly. She ran into the middle of the road and there was no way to stop in time.
So the cat survived I assume?
@Fishmomma (11524)
Yes, the cat survived thank goodness. We paid for all the expenses.
Well thats great most people would have just left.
@walijo2008 (4648)
I haven't hit a deer while on a road trip, but I was going to work one morning when I hit one. It wasn't pretty either. It was real foggy and hard to see, and it just ran out in front of me, and I couldn't stop in time. I actually ran over it, the deer went underneath my car, and luckily it didn't do any damage to the car, I don't how that happened. I had to stop and call the game warden and he came out there, and they removed the deer. I was shaken, I didn't feel like going to work but I had to.
Wow no damage you are lucky.
@roanne05 (1292)
• Oman
no not yet..i don't want to experience it either...poor deer!
Yeah you never want to hit anything.
Minnie my Son was driving a couple of months ago off the mountain during a rain storm and hit a deer, he ran off the road and started off the side of the mountain but trees caught the truck thank goodness. The deer they never found so we are assuming he was okay or ran off to die else where. Scares the crap out of me. I always hated a car trip pregnant for that very reason, all the pit stops.
Well that is very lucky that the trees stopped his truck how scary.
@mummymo (23709)
Oh I can sympathise with the drive when pregnant as I still remember how awful it was for me! As for the deer being hit I would have been really upset and I know my kids would too - it is bad enough seeing a rabbit or bird lying in the road. Luckily we have never hit anything or seen it being hit ourselves! xxx
You are lucky it is not a site I ever want to see again.
I hit a squirrel years ago and I'm still traumatized. I felt so bad, but in my area we have kamakaze squirrels who like to play chicken with cars. I had no chance of stopping but I felt so awful. I would hate to see how I would react if I hit Bambi or Thumper, but I'm sure I would have to go into counselling.
Same here I would be so devasted if I ever hit an animal.
@lucy02 (5017)
I did hit a deer but just barely clipped him. He ran off but it busted one of my headlights. My husband fussed at me a little. Then not long after that he ran into a deer at about that same spot but it killed the deer. There are many, many deer around here. I see them playing in the yard sometimes and hear them in the woods behind me quite often.
Yeah we saw many along the way that had been hit. Youd think they would be a bit smarter by now.
@jessieBee (1046)
• Trinidad And Tobago
Well for some reason when ever I'm traveling on the road for a good distance, people are alway famous for running over dogs. I never drove over an animal but I've sure seen people do so. They like hitting dogs best.
That sucks I have never witnessed this thankfully.
@gabs8513 (48764)
Many years ago a Deer ran out in front of me but I managed to avoid the poor Animal I have to say though it did shook me up very much I did hit a Rabbit once it broke my Heart but it ran straight under the car as I drove past where it was coming from and it took me weeks to get over that
Lucky you missed the deer I havent even had a close call thankfully.
@checapricorn (16069)
I have seen only that happen to some and we never experienced hitting one. But, I also love to take picture once in a while in the road..LOL! And sometimes, my husband will find it tiring since he is the one driving..LOL!
You are lucky too then.
@raijin (10373)
Poor deer, I haven't seen nor experienced anything like that while traveling. But I've seen many as I walk or drive by it, it's such an awful and frustrating view. Nevertheless, we're glad that you're back again.
@tyc415 (5706)
Never hit deer before but one time a big dog ran out from the side of the street in town and hit our back tire but it took off running. Hitting deer can be deadly so hopefully no one any of us know ever has that happen. The family members I know that have hit deer have been very lucky, those would be my dad, my aunt and my daughter.
Yeah when it hit the windsheid of the van busted. We didnt stop as we were going the wrong way but I do hope they were all ok.
@cupid74 (11395)
• Pakistan
Hi dear sound that long bumpy road was having lovely and pleasent outskirt, other than hit deer. well to be honest, once my car hit a stray dog on the road as he suddenly come on the road and my car was too fast, he roll down and ranaway but sure must be hit as my car head lights were broken and i saw many dogs lying on road after being hited
Thats too bad. Its out of our control but it still sucks.
@cupid74 (11395)
• Pakistan
yeah u r right take care
I have been luck thus far that I haven't ever hit a deer. I have hit a dog and a rabbit before and tried to save them but to no luck. I am a lot more careful now when driving so that I hopefully won't hit anything.
That had to be hard I hope it wasnt someones pet dog
No, it wasn't, but that didn't make me feel any better about it.
@Lakota12 (42684)
have seen it happen and once was in a ar when one jumped in front of us and no way to not hit it and our headlight shown up in the trees the rest of the way to the airport!
Makes you drive more carefully for sure.
@Lakota12 (42684)
no wao know at dark on a hghway if a deer is gonna jump out at ya or not. cant plan on driving careful when that happens ya usualy go the speed limit
@suehan1 (4356)
well i use to do a lot of travelling up north and we once hit a cow in the middle of the road.doing a 100 km and then suddenly a cow,well we could not stop in time and hit it.luckily no one was hurt except the cow,but the car was all smashed up and nearly a right off,so no one was around at this time in the country in the middle of the night,pretty scary stuff.cheers sue
That would be pretty scary a cow is pretty big. Glad no one was hurt.
@jer31558 (3683)
I have only hit one deer in my life and it was a bit of a miracle. I was driving down a road at night and an armadillo ran in front of my car (my moms car actually) and unfortunately I couldn't avoid it. Coming back up that same road about 30 minutes later, I slowed down in that same area cause I didn't want to hit it if it was in the road. All of a sudden, a deer came out of the ditch and I hit it. More like I bumped it as the deer nor the car was damaged in any way.
That is pretty lucky you slowed down than.
@subha12 (18454)
I have never had any road trip experience where i have come across an animal. its actually hard when you travel while pregnant. It takes alot of courage also. at last its good and safe.
You are very lucky then.