Do you own a Timeshare? Would you recommend purchasing one?

@jashley1 (746)
My husband and I have been to many timeshare presentations and actually almost got talked into getting one a few times. We really liked Trendwest because of their vast variety of different rentals all over the place! The only downside, with a family of five we would have to buy a pretty large vacation package of units! But every year we remember all those presentations and think "wow, it would be great to be on vacation right now!" Especially since whenever we stay in a hotel we have to pay almost $200 per night anyway! Seems well worth it to me. Please give your insight - do you own one? Do you like it? Is it worth it? Recommendations?
I dont own one nor would I recommend purchasing one because they are hard to get rid of if you decide to sell. Some people do like them though. My aunt and uncle have one they like and use alot and so do some friends of ours. Bear in mind though it's an expense that never really goes away.
@jashley1 (746)
True - I guess what I like about that though is that you can hand it down to your children. I believe it would only work best for those who really love to travel and would spend a good amount of time doing that every year. I also like that units rollover to the following year if you don't get a chance to use them that year. I know when we went to the presentation about four years back, we could have purchased one then for around $15,000. Now that seems like a lot - but the choices of places to stay and all that were great! So many times we've traveled somewhere that claimed they were 3 1/2 stars or something and turned out to be a dump! To know that we would have a clean, nice spacious condo to stay in with a kitchen and all that every time we traveled would be great! Thanks for your input!