Moving Stars this June!

If you go camping or stay up late, Mars and Saturn will be in June's western evening sky. Tiny Mars, will contrast nicely with the distant and giant Saturn and its rings. Then the "king of the planets" (being the biggest) Jupiter will rise during early evening and will be able to be seen all night, low in the sky.. If we look at the sky fairly regularly we can follow which stars are the moving ones (are planets) and which seem to be non moving.. Though of course it is all swirling at immense speed.. and may account for some of us being a little dizzy..
@diansinta (7551)
Wau!! i am amaze! i always love stars..How did you get this information? is that the big yellow star near west? i am in Indonesia, can i see the same star without any telescop?
Hi, Diansinta, I did a search for "the night sky in June" and learned it from the links which came up.. I love to keep track of that kind of stuff.. so when I'm outside at night I know what to look for.. I sounds (to me) like the bright star you're seeing in the west is likely Jupiter.. One way to tell is whether its position to the other stars changes over some time.. (How long I don't know! I should keep better track of it.. it's one of my projects, to star gaze more!) There's supposed to be the chance of some meteor showers this month (May) but I'm not sure if we might have missed them already or not! Here, we always have meteor showers in August..
@diansinta (7551)
Meteor shower!!! so cool! imagine how many wishes will come true. You can call me kido but I still and do believe falling stars can make wishes come true. Oh i wish i can be here and see the magic of nature.
@Kaeli72 (1230)
Is that what I saw last night? I was up around 2-3am and was standing outside, looking at the millions of stars. I've just moved from the inner part of the city to the outskirts of town and I was amazed on the amount of stars I get to see now. One star/planet shone so brightly, it was beautiful. But, I knew it was a planet because of it's size, but didn't know which one it was. Binoculars are so cheap to see stars, but if that's all you've got, then deal with it. ~Kaeli
I was up north this weekend and the stars were simply gorgeous.. Not that I live in the city, or even in town.. but it was just that much more starry.. the big dipper was almost directly overhead for awhile..
@underdogtoo (9599)
What a wonderful thing it would be to have a telescope and know enough about the heavens to understand a few things about how they are full of things we are unaware of in our daily lives. I consider it a rare privilege when the stars are visible on some nights when electricity goes down for some reason and there is nothing to do but look up to the heavens and just wonder.