I've Finally Figured Out What Sparks My Insanity

Regina, Saskatchewan
It's simple really. Life does. Well DUH!! In a previous discussion of mine the point was made that what I had posted about was just another happening in my twilight zone life. That got me thinking. And it's true. What may seem odd to you is really very normal for me. Many years ago I decided that I needed to lighten up - A LOT! So I began to seek out, and be entertained by, the absurdities of life. I retrained my brain to embrace the odd, the twist of the comedic, the absurd. In situations, word play, scenes, character and life in general. Now I attract it. It's everywhere I am, everywhere I go, and everywhere I look. Like Mickey Mouse appearing in the guise of a process server. Like an old lady in my town who is convinced she's a dead witch that can heal all ills but has to be pickled to the gills on vodka to find her 'spirit guide' and tap into her powers. Like the soon to be ex going all control freak on me and now being kept in his place with a flicking lighter! Like everyone here, there and everywhere, my life has it's heartaches and soul crushing worries and moments. And that's when my special brand of insanity goes into high gear to find the absurd, the comedic, the relief of laughter to keep me, well, to keep me SANE! My life is a living, breathing, walking, talking, oxymoron, and you know, I wouldn't have it any other way. Would you? So..............just how sane are YOU? LOL
@skinnychick (6907)
LOL...My life sounds a lot like yours. At least the way in which we deal with it. If you look at the comments in your profile- that should tell you how sane Iam! LMFAO!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Yep, you're right skinny - totally bonkers. LOL Must be the shoes eh? ROFL
It is the shoes...But come on, you know you love the Hoff- who doesn't??? LOL
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Actually skinny, I can't stand him. LOL Never could. He's just so, so, seventies! ROFL
@JudithP (295)
I guess that puts me in the same catagory you are. People have to learn to lighten up. Life is speeding by all of us and there's a lot of crap that it drags by with it and then dumps on our door step. We need to find ways to laugh and slow things down a bit, at least to warp speed.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Beam me up Scottie! ROFL Welcome to the land of the inmates running the asylum Judith. And welcome to mylot as well. Always glad to have a new insane user! LOL
I like ur description of the witch lady, I've known a few of those. We really are only as sane as we allow ourselves. Some day I feel completely sane and others I'm sure I should be commited. I only wish I could look at life through your eyes. I wish I could retrain my brain the way you did yours. I'm trying, and each day I think I get a little closer. But life's confusion, stress, and just the unknown can drive me completely batty at times. Today I would like to be a fish...hehe, just stick me in a bowl and watch me swim in circles. Feed me when you think I'm hungry and turn the lights out before you go to bed. That just sounds so simple....doesn't it? I swim in circles anyway, and only get to eat when my kids think I deserve to, so why not take away all the rest, and please....don't forget the air tube:)
• Regina, Saskatchewan
LOL - Keep thinking like that edgy and you'll have your brain retrained in no time! Just look at everything with a sense of humor before anything else and it'll happen. It will amaze you how much stress goes away too! How's your latest paper going?
UGH...not good. Mom suggested I do it on the EMO style...I don't even know what that is. I tried to research some stuff on home schooling and philosophies...but came up empty handed. I want it to interest me enough to be able to write enough, but can't seem to find the right sources. I love this subject...but the class!! I will certainly be up till wee hours of the morning the next couple of days to get the rough draft in on time.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
If you need any help, send me your draft and I"ll do what I can to help move it along or whatever you need. Hugs.
not very I'm afraid,but I don't think I'm psychotic.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Stick around with us long enough snowy and you'll be a crazy laughing bed bug in no time! LOL And I don't think you're even close to psychotic because if you were then I'd be locked up in a rubber room! ROFL
I see where you're coming from, lol. I am known for using my sarcasm to get me through life. I started being cynical when I was very young and I've decided that I want to make a career of it, lol. Every day I get a kick out of something so mundane just to laugh out my feelings. I try to lighten up whenever I can, but it's hard sometimes because of the cynicism.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
I have my fair share of cynicism and sarcasm too but I save the first for analysis and the second for people I don't like. LOL Mostly I concentrate on the absurd and giggle my way through my day. LOL
As he old saying goes "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!" Truer words have never been spoken, in my mind. I think we have to be a little insane in order to survive in this world.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Hello danish. Do you come with coffee and raspberry jam? LOL Just kidding. I agree completely that we all have to be a little insane these days to cope. Can you imagine the whole world going 'postal' at the same time because somebody decided to that a little insane humor was bad for our health? LOL
@olivemai (4738)
I do not understand! What are you trying to say? LOL
• Regina, Saskatchewan
LOL - I'm still trying to find my marbles, but I don't mind if I don't, because I don't really need them?...ROFL
@olivemai (4738)
Marbles? I would like some marble cake!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
The last time I ate marble cake I broke a tooth! No more cake. But we have cookies.........LOL
@mummymo (23707)
And we love you because of your very special brand on insanity spark! As for me - I think sane left the building many years ago although I am still capable of fooling the majority of people that I am as sane as anything - that is more fun than anything else! xxx
• Regina, Saskatchewan
LOL No one takes me seriously when I try to be 'sane', so I just don't bother anymore. But at least I get invited to all the best parties! LOL
@mummymo (23707)
Yeah and I hide in your pocket when you go! xxx
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Does that mean you think I need a chaparone mummy? LOL I probably do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@moneyandgc (3430)
I need to re-train. I can be way too serious. I tend to let things get to me easily. My mom is the same way and my dad tends to take our problems onto himself too (he is a fixer). So, part of the way I am is learned obviously. I am really trying to be more positive and look ahead rather than back. And to laugh a little more...
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Well you're hanging with the right crowd now sweets. I've noticed a real lightening up in your posts since you discovered "us". You have a great sense of humor and it is showing more and more all the time. So good on you!!!
Thanks! I am certainly glad that I found you guys! Mylot is much more fun now!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
We're glad you found us too! LOL How's the sunburn?
Sparks, your life or I should say your writing about your life reminds me of a old show, and I will be danged if I can remember the name of that show right now. But anyway everyone was quite quirky and insane, though everyone in the town understood each other, those of us looking in thought they were bonkers. I even think it was set in Canada. Anyway, You not only impress me but you tickle the hell out of me. I was laughing at your discussion earlier and scared my dang cat, he was eating his lunch and my out burst startled him. he just stared at me, now that is getting bad when the animals think you have turned the bend. I tend to be analytical and philosophical about the goings on in my life. However that is not to say that comedy and insanity does no ensue from it. I just tend to look inwards to find out the why and how fores.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
I do that too Angel - always have. There IS a serious side to me too. But overly analytical and self-critical people can get lost in the labyrinth of the wherefores and the whys and become melancholic. My antidote to that was to find the absurd and let IT lead me through the maze. And the show I think you are thinking of is Corner Gas. I live in the town it used to be filmed in. Go figure! ROFL
i want to keep thinking Twin peaks, or Fargo.. something off the wall like that... I know there was lots of ice snow and crazy people like you.
Couuld it be Robson Arms? That one is Canadian. Or was it that one set in Alaska? I liked that one. About the writer from NY who fell for the Ranger. I can't quite get the name, it is on the tip of my tongue. Northern Lights?
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Wow, lol.. I have noticed you from a distance on here.. and have seen that your discussions are always quite... different. I have also noticed that just by reading your discussions that it seems as if people are not taking well to it.. I think it's great when people can find ways to just make fun... Great Discussion!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
"it seems as if people are not taking well to it.." I'm not sure what you mean by that Cowgirl, but I'm also sure you weren't being unkind. Join our little group here and I guarantee that you'll find lot's of fun! Different can be good you know! ROFL
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Well I could have just been catching the tail end of a joke... so lol... but trust me I plan too!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Well that's a good thing! LOL
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
Well DUH!!! I've got you as a friend..need i say anymore?....LOL.. Now Sparky..you are as sane as i am..you just know how to explain yourself better so I've got to then say..Just how sane do you think I am?..hee heee ok sparking up..chill time..here you go....
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Well kitty I look at it this way, if you can understand me, you're as insane as I am. If you can make a better comeback remark, then you are more insane! LOL Need I say more? ROFL.......!
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
There coming to take me away heehee haahaa heehee..ok there she goes..byee Rosekitty..let me introduce myself to you Ms Sparky..I'm Rosekittys surrogate..all questions and answers will from now on be written and signed in front of a witness..will have to have a Dna sample and your bank info before this comment is commented on..please insert bank card NOW!!!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
No. NOw what? ROFL
how sane is my life. I lived through a broken shoulder two years ago, a bout with diverticulitis bleeding no less a year ago and this year was supposed to be differnt so i get 'stomach cramps for a week and my doctor says its diverticulits. so he 'put me on two antibiotics. I broke out the next day and he says go to the emergency room. so i go and the er doctor takes one look at my so called allergic reaction and says I have good news and bad news. the good news is you do not have diverticulitis, you have shingles and he draws it out like I had'just won the lottery. well its slowly drying up and fading' away but for a few days I thought I would go bananas for sure.so now maybe the rest of the year will be healthy again .lol any more good news and I would be a gibbering idiot.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
You've certainly had your share so I Sparks, declare that Hatley is going to become a gibbering idiot because she will NOT have any more health problems this year - except for the gibbering thing! LOL How's that? Enough good news for you? LOL Hugs, and I'm glad the shingles are drying up and you're feeling better.
@uath13 (8207)
Umm...points to avatar.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Ummm...good point! LOL
@raijin (10373)
My friends don't call me crazy for nothing, they even named me Mong (short for mongoloid) because I could do things that they would rather not. To balance life, I believe we have to possess the sanity and insanity to deal with reality. I could do crazy stuffs, to entertain myself and as well as others. Sometimes my friends would even say to me that I'm so unpredictable, because they can't even tell if I'm already serious or still goofing around.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Unpredictable is good raijin. It keeps ourselves and well as those around us from getting complacent and down right boring! LOL
Barmy as a flaming cat. But I'm a musician, we can afford to be. Did you hear this one? How many surrealists does it take to screw in a lightbulb? The fish
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Now the real question is: "How many lightbulbs does it take to screw in a surrealist?" ROFL Welcome to the lot dude. Have fun playing with our insanity. I KNOW we're going to have fun playing with yours! ROFL
@Erratic (724)
Stop it or you will go blind.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Too late! LOL
@bellaofchaos (11550)
hmmm sanity ... *ponders it for a while* What's that? I know I have heard of sanity for a while but you better not be asking if I'm sane!!! Becuase I think you know the answer to that by now. LOL!!!!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
YEP! LOL You are my favortie looney tune! ROFL
And your mine. LOL!!
@gabs8513 (48715)
I would not have you any other Way at all lol As for me I don't question my Sanity any more as I believe it is just not there has packed it's bag and left me a long time ago I just take what Life gives me now and don't argue about it just accept it
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Gabs, do you know that saying "If you set it free and it comes back to thee, it was meant to be"? Well you set your sanity free and it came back to you - as you are the sanest person I know! Well done!
@gabs8513 (48715)
Lol no I have not heard this before but I like it
@34momma (13895)
Sane is a state of mind. I don't know if anyone is truely sane. I know that i am always on step away from a whitecoat with the strapes on the back. and I would not have it any other way. I see the love and beauty in ever thing. I experince life by the moment and not by the days and weeks and years. Life is a wonderful things and when i fall down because some sane person was in my way. i get up, stick my tongue at them and skip away. sanity is a wonderful thing
• Regina, Saskatchewan
GREAT response momma! I wish I'd said it! LOL
@34momma (13895)
you inspired me to say it, and that is just as important. so thank you for being such a crazy person, who allows me to be crazy too in my own way! You Rock