Not sure I would have done this but he did prove a point!

@TriciaW (2442)
This is the true story of George Phillips of Meridian, Mississippi, who was going to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the shed. George opened the door to go turn off the light but saw there were people in the shed in the process of stealing things. He immediately phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?" and George said no and explained the situation. Then they explained that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be there when available. George said, "Okay," hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again. "Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people in my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I've just shot them all." Then he hung up. Within five minutes three squad cars, an Armed Response unit, and an ambulance showed up. Of course, the police caught the burglars red-handed. One of the policemen said to George: "I thought you said that you'd shot them!" George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"
@Thoroughrob (11771)
It is funny how they are not available, until they think you did something wrong and then you get a whole army. I would not have done this, but it does prove something.
@mehale (2200)
That is good! It goes to figure that when he said he shot them, the police would show up!
@lilybug (21182)
My dad sent me this one awhile back. It made me laugh then and I still chuckled reading it today. Thanks for the chuckle.
lol! I heard this story before and it made me laugh the first time too! =P It's very cute and funny! I probably wouldn't be able to do that either, I would be worried about getting in trouble with the police! lol. But he defeniatly did prove a point!! =)
@naseeha (1385)
that was a good one....
@julyteen (13265)
• Davao, Philippines
that's something not so good to hear about. policemen's duty is to protect the public from such people but it seems that they are only there when the problem is already solve. i think situation like this should give them the lesson. it is a shame to one's profession not being able to answer it's call. i think this time, they have to think twice what to answer when situation like this shows up.
@CatsandDogs (13964)
My aunt and I got a good laugh!! Thanks!! It's so needed!! I told my aunt that I can imagine her late husband doing something like this because he was such a clown and didn't give a hoot about anything. He really enjoyed life to the fullest and this sounds so much like him! lol
@sunshine4 (8710)
LOL~ I love it!! I can understand the frustration he must have felt, them saying that there were no officers available. I guess he showed them didn't he!