homeschool your kids ?? is it right choice?

@ch88ss (2270)
There is an empty feeling in my heart. I been feeling this way for a while. It actually feels painful just like a physical pain. I don't know how to describe it. My daughter who is autistic been coming home from school (grade K) and wet herself again for the 3rd time in a week. I am speechless I don't know what to do. Yet I hate myself for having to go to work instead. If Only I taken the time to go to school and be around and show her what she needs to do etc, she may not be experiencing this embarrassment. But again, the other kids tease her about her toileting issues and she takes no regards for it. I remember my son at 5, he would be emabarrased and cry. My daughter does not even care that she wet her pants in the classroom. I want to quit working and home school her, but fear that my action will put a big dent in our financial situation plus it is unfair to put my son through this.I also fear homeschool will isolate her even more from other kids her age and she does not learn to play with others. she also has problems playing with other kids.
awe man my heart goes out to you and your family. I do think home school will isolate her from other children unless you can find a place that has group play to take her to. One woman who home schools on here said there is some places that have a meeting place for group activities like PE. I think she called it a home schoolers co-op. You might check into that. You could always leave your son in regular school if he doesn't want to be home schooled. I hope that things work out for you.
I just can not express how much me heart hurts for you and your family. Being a mom myself I could not imagine facing the hardships you are facing each and everyday with your beautiful daughter. My heart hurts for your son as well because it is so hard for him right now to understand how much attention she requires from you. With the income situation you are really stuck between picking the best of two bad situations. I wish there was an easy answer or some words of wisdom I could give you. The only advice I can give is don't lose faith. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that God provides a way for you and your family.
@ch88ss (2270)
Thank you for the support and kind words. yes it is difficult so for now, I decided to rent out my spare room in hope of trying to save some money. but it won't really help with my initial goal of home school. With property tax, and mortgage the extra rental income will only pay for the property tax. So I am still far away from home school. I guess for now, I will have to just settle for what I have since My husband cannot bring in more money. His earnings are limited and I just wished he could do more. But he believes we are good. One of my other problem is he does not realize how hard it is for me (as a mother) to see my daughter struggle in school etc. I hope one day I can announce I am going to home school, but maybe then it will not matter because the kids will all be grown up. Thank you again for taking the time to reply to my post and your kind words.
@kosykosy (160)
• Ghana
Hey, I'd advise you to take the plunge and do it! Are you a Christian? Then you can trust God to provide all your needs according to His riches in glory. your husband is around isn't he. I'm sure your daughter will be eternslly grateful. In this life, relationships and family are far more important in the long run than what time you show up at work. Talk to your hubby, then do it! It will be a weight off your shoulders. In ten years from now, you'll look back and be grateful that you chose your daughter over work.
@ch88ss (2270)
wow, you really think so? I did talk to my hubby and he did not agree to it at all. He insist that since i bring home the bigger piece of the bread, the family will need me to continue working. so what do I do now, if my hubby has decided that me quit working is not the way to go? Any suggestion what I should tell me husband in order to convince him again?
@underdogtoo (9599)
What can I say? What can anyone say? My voice is strangled and I am unable to find any words at all.
@ch88ss (2270)
thanks for taking the time to read. It is very difficult and sometimes crying only makes the situation worse because I would have lost myself 1hr where I could spent that time reading to her or helping her with her speech