Where do you get your coffee from?

Coffee  - Steaming cup of coffee
I prefer to make my own, but I know a lot of people buy their cups of coffee. There are coffee houses on every corner in the cities these days. Then of course you have your donut shops that serve coffee. So coffee is always close by, which is a good thing for us coffee addicts. I live in the boonies, though so I like to make my own. How about you? Where do you get your coffee?
@smilyn (2964)
I make my own coffee. One of my friends buys coffee from a particular coffee shop alone. She loves to drink the coffee from that shop only..And never tries any other..I love to make my own coffee. It is not a tough job too..It takes just few seconds to prepare a coffee..but more number of minutes to relish the taste..m.m. yummy...
I have an espresso machine. I don't mind taking the time to make a good cup of cappuccino at all. I agree with you about being able to savor it longer than it takes to make. I have never given thought to the time it takes to make it. In the morning it is an automatic reflex to make a cup.
@susanh39 (200)
I just buy the Folgers at Walmart most of the time. However, now and then I'll treat myself to some Seattle's Best that I find at Kroger. We used to order Puerto Rican coffee online, but then had our credit card stolen online, so we no longer do that. Bummer!! It was soooo good too! Not like I need more caffeine.... I had heard so much about how great Starbucks coffee tastes...but I have yet to be impressed....
I'll drink Starbucks, but only if I am out for the day and need a coffee. I think it's pretty good, although I am used to my own brew. Although, I have a hard time coughing up $5 for a cup of coffee I can make at home for 1/10 of that. We don't have a Kroger in the area, but I may have to look out for Seattle's Best and give it a try. As for Folgers, that always a decent coffee. I don't mind drinking it.
I make my coffee at home 99 percent of the time. The only time i get coffee out is if i happen to go out to breakfast or have to be somewhere early in the morning. We usually have Gevalia cuz that is what my husband orders.
I'm the same way. I will grab a coffee if I am out, but that's unusual for me. I am so used to the way I make my coffee that I prefer it over other coffees now.
@aplaza (631)
• Netherlands
Hey Vic seems like you need coffee again? Ha ha! Don't worry it's one of my favorite subjects too! If I go out and I'll take a cappucino. Some franchises carry something called an Americano and that really is my favorite. But I don't go out to get coffee. I just buy a pound of ground coffee at a time. I keep it in a tin and use that in my coffee machine that will filter it. Although I also have one of those cafetieres that doesn't need a filter. Thing is you need a ground that isn't as fine and that's not as easy to get here. If it's too fine you get all this coffee sediment at the bottom and you can't drink it to the last drop. And beans in the roast I like aren't around that much so grinding my own isn't really an option.
I always need coffee. Actually what made me think of this was reading a thing comparing the cost of a gallon of Starbucks coffee ($20) to a gallon of gas ($4). So I was curious about how many folks buy coffee compared to making it. Living in a rural area my options are limited so I figured it would make a good topic.
Tim Hortons! They also sell tins of their coffee so I make it at home too :) Now I want some... mmm...
Tim Hortons does have good coffee. It is one of the few places I will stop to get some.
@richiem (3646)
instant coffee - I don't like buying cups of coffee. I would rather make them. And thanks to instant coffees.
I also like making my own coffee. Instant coffees actually. I don't like buying cups of coffee for the sole reason that they are expensive. I won't pay a lot to enjoy coffee. I think it is luxurious.
@guybrush (4661)
I love coffee, and my husband bought me an espresso machine a few years ago. I like using Vittoria coffee - ground or beans - and we always start the morning with a good coffee on the back verandah before he goes to work. I love iced coffee, too - that's my drink of choice if I'm out or going to a cafe.
@underdogtoo (9599)
It would be great to make your own coffee. That might be easier said than done as far as I'm concerned but I manage to get what I need from the local store and they never lack for coffee. There are lots to choose from.
I get my coffee from The Second Cup, here in Guelph. When I am at home, I come up here, sit in the shop with my computer and enjoy my Second Cup coffee. When I go to the USA, I buy a few pounds of Second Cup coffee, take it down there, and gride it up in the coffee grinder that my sister gave us.
I love Maxie Java's milky way. I think Starbucks is a rip off. Their coffee tastes wrong. Dunkin' Donuts is good also. But, to me, MJ is #1!