Peter Fonda to sell loot from his Easy Rider movie

Actor Peter Fonda is auctioning off some of his memorabilia from "Easy Rider" including the American flag that was on the back of the jacket he wore in the film (valued at $50,000!) Other items to be auctioned (on Oct. 6) - a Department of Defense pin that adorned the jacket, his gold record for the film's soundtrack and his collection of six movie posters.. In one scene from the movie, he throws his watch away. But I guess it wasn't a Rolex which he had been wearing in the movie's earlier scenes. (A Rolex on a hippy biker?) The Rolex is part of the auction. The listing says "there was no way Peter was going to risk damaging the watch, naturally, so a different one was used for the scene where his character tosses it away". http://entertainment.ha.com/common/info/press/default.php?ReleaseID=1405&ic=rightcolumn-fonda-091407 Did you see the movie Easy Rider? What did you think of the end?! Will you take note of the Rolex next time you watch the movie? Did you know Peter actually does ride a Harley in real life and is quite a popular and well known 'biker'? - Will you be putting a bid in for the flag?
@ersmommy1 (12600)
I have seen Easy Rider.What an iconic film.Yes I knew he really rides. I hope some of the proceeds go to charity. I'll have to look for the watch. No I won't bid. No extra cash for that sort of thing.Extra money goes in the gas tank.
...ain't that the truth!