What do you do to release anger?

Hi guys! Well, it happens to all of us. One day, you're that calm, happy person then suddenly things went from good to worst. It may have been caused by someone or something not done or something went wrong and was totally opposite of what you want. What instances where your anger reached its peak and what did you do to release it? For me, I admit I got angry at my team at work. This happened only once during the early part 1st year term. I shouted at them and I stormed out of the conference room. They were unreasonable at that time. It was a mistake I made (never happened again ) and I went out of the office and finished off 12 cigarettes and punched a wall. Straight. I was so down. My hands are tingling. I was able to release it though. Then, I talked to my friends. I calmed down and we fixed it.
Yeah I get angry to like that but what I do is that I start listening to music and start singing along with it. Excercising maked me calmer too. I try not to hit anything because I used to do that and it made it worse for me. But I try not to get so angry anymore and do other stuff. Writting really helps too.
Oh yeah. It does soothe anger most of the time. I forgot about music. Maybe I was too angry . Anyway, I'm happy as I've progressed a lot and learned how to suppress emotions at some level. I haven't hit anything since that time. :D
@kykidd (6819)
Now that I am older, I try not to destroy things when I get mad. Sometimes I take a walk. Other times I will write in my journal. I think a lot of our problem as human beings is when we let it all build up and then explode all at once.
Yeah. I admit that was what happened to me. I tried to control it but I wasn't able to handle it at that time. It was the first time I've had too much. (sigh) Friends do help a lot.
@nelly5 (1425)
When I am angry, I usually yell..and to make myself calm down, I will smoke a cig., vent on the phone with my best friends, sit alone away from everyone else so that I can calm myself by sitting in silence and thinking things through while I smoke way too many cigerettes..lol
@metschica25 (5407)
My friends really do help put me in a more cheerful mood when i'm feeling angry or stressed. Talking sometimes will do wonders.I do however have a tendency to yell and throw things. Most times I just wanna go to my room and pull the covers over my head. Now that it is summer here I will be able to swim which brings much peace to me . I agree it sucks when your mood is great and then it will just change. Have a good night!
Yeah, friends who you can talk to helps a lot. I had one friend in the office. She's my "assistant" in almost everything I do at the office. I appreciated her company especially when I start to get moody and a bit angry at some things at the office. That's one of the worst feelings right? You are happy then just a few moments, it starts to boil...
Yes, a sudden drop in the mood can make ya a bit crazy ! That is good you have someone in work you can talk to.Many people I know can't stand most of the people they work with.
Yeah, I and kinda miss her. She was the one I almost always go to. Same for her. She goes to me as well. Oh and swimming, wow! It was quite a while since I dipped myself and dove underwater. Too bad, it's almost rainy season here.
@bestie (1458)
I just cry...lol.... sometimes I confront the person I'm angry with.
That's really good. Confronting the person him/herself. That way you can clear up any misunderstanding. If he/she doesn't cooperate it's not your fault and you can move on easier. It would help to have a clear head as well.
@kaezy_kulet (2465)
i cry it out and sometimes i throw things that i see..hehehe there are also time that i just wanted to scream it all out but i cant find a place to that.
That's good. release it as much as possible. Try screaming under the pillow or give time and go outdoors (a park with few people with many trees and lush greens). It feels A LOT better after shouting!
@ladym33 (11007)
Some time I just need to take a walk if I am really frustrated. Sometimes it helps to hug one of my kids or my husband. Sometimes only a candy bar will do.
That is sweet. Most of the time, it's the people who we love the most can help us ease through anger and release it in a healthier way.