Have you ever thought about the sound of grass?

@dragon54u (31636)
I spent 30 years in Arizona, where desert landscaping is the norm. I missed grass so much! Sitting outside this evening, I was listening to the sounds of my two little dogs moving through the grass, kicked off my shoes and walked through it myself. The sound is soft, the feel is soft, there is nothing to hurt you in the grass, save a few dog droppings that you have to watch out for. It's like a carpet, cool and caressing. The dogs love to roll in it, something they couldn't do in the sands of the desert. Everything is soft here, it's so wonderful. I remember when I brought my kids here when they were small, to a family reunion. They were afraid to take off their shoes, wouldn't climb the trees for awhile, for fear of being scratched or bitten by scorpions or snakes. After a day or so, they really got into it. My youngest drew a picture I still have with them and me atop a hill and smiling. It's so wonderful to be in a place where things are soft and welcoming, the soil is rich and productive, the sun won't cause cataracts (which I have in the beginning stages, my ophthalmologist said the Arizona sun causes them) and the weather won't kill you. The water tastes wonderful and if I were homeless tomorrow I could live off the land. Despite the tornadoes and some bad weather that the Midwest has, I feel so blessed to be here and SO glad to be home! Remember, whatever your circumstances, there are people that would love to be in your place!
@sameroad (3180)
I walked in the grass in my bare feet the other day for the first time in i don't know how long. IT felt REALLY good even kind of tickles. My dog loves rolling in too. I bet it feels good but if i were to join him i'd get itchy lol
@dragon54u (31636)
That's what God intended when He made it. Not desert landscape where water is more precious than gold.
@jer31558 (3683)
Though I have never been to Arizona, I have been to the desert in California a couple of times, and I found many things about that wilderness that was breathtakingly beautiful. Especially the amount of start I saw at night and how plain they were. But I'll just say that it's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. As to your last statement, its kinda along the lines of what I have been taught all of my life. No matter how bad things may seem, there is someone that has it much worse. I think that sometimes we get so comfortable with all that we have that we just take it for granted.
@dragon54u (31636)
You are so right! I remember my good fortune whenever I feel down. I remember a sign I saw in a beauty shop when I was small, "I griped because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet"! I'm so blessed to live where I do, and to have made it back home to the state I love.
@jer31558 (3683)
See, and they say dreams don't come true.
@jer31558 (3683)
Thanks for the B R