Would you take care of your spouse or send them to a home?

Well I was at the hospital with my daughter and there were several elderly people there and I saw a lot of wives taking care of husbands and also husbands taking care of there wives,but who does it more husbands or wives. Would you consider taking care of your spouse or would you send them to a home? Why would you not send them to a home and why would you send them to a home? Do they have to be really ill and won't get better? Will you struggle througt with them no matter what?
@ersmommy1 (12600)
I think it happens on both sides of the coin. I can't say who does it more. I know that I love my hubby. I would take care of him as long as I could, no matter what. For better or worse. If I had to send my hubby to a home, I would go with him. I really cannot see being without my guy.
@cjgrooms (4456)
Women live longer on the average than men so i think the women probably take care of the husbands most often. I hope that i would take care of my husband if he became ill, notice that i am not saying i would never put him in a home but it would be the very last resort! Even if he wasn't going to get better i would do all i could to keep him home so that i could see that he was properly taken care of.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I would take care of him as long as I could. I would do what I had to to help them.
@spalladino (17924)
I would never allow anyone I care about to live out their days in a nursing home. Even the best of them cannot compare to being at home, in familiar surroundings with the people and things that give you comfort.