Do you have ants in your house?

We're getting into summer here and that means more ants in the house. Right now, we have tiny black ants in the house. Not sure of the name. Do you have ants in your home? Are ants worse in the summer? How do you get ants out of your house? Do you use poison?
@coolmailraj (2461)
ant - I hate these creatures.
Those small creatures can make you feel like really bad in your house. Came the last summer they made me use poison to have a check on them and I won't be hesitant to do the same if they grew in number this time too.
This is the time of year I get them too. They're making their way in slowly. I usually only get giant ones, but I'm seeing some little ones too. I put ant traps in the kitchen and last year my husband put ant killer around the outside of the house and it kept the infestation to a minimun, so we'll be doing that again this weekend. I have a new cat this year that has a taste for ants too, so thats helping!lol :)
@jillbeth (2711)
I have seen a few ant already! They are definitely worse in the summer; I seldom see them in the winter. I try to avoid using poison, but will spray around the foundation and doorways if they get too bad. Usually I just try to keep the countertops and cupboards clean of sticky stuff that attracts them, although that's hard to do with grandchildren running around! They also like to infest my dogs' food dish. I put the dish in a shallow pan of water, so the dish isn't touching the edge of the pan. The stupid ants will fall in and drown.
@mentalward (14695)
If you can find where they are coming in from, put some red pepper or cinnamon around the area. They do not like either of these things. Personally, I like the cinnamon because it smells so good when there's a little breeze. It works, but you have to keep applying it every few days or after a rain.
I love those ideas. Thanks!
@mjmlagat (3171)
We have the same concern. Ants just multiply during summer. I don't know how to illiminate the totally because I can't use poison or insecticide-- I have a small kid and i have a shih tzu. What should we do?
ya i do have ants in my house. there are both black ones and red ones. but there are more black ants. sure there are ants in the house in summer. but i think there is more infestation during the rains.
@maddysmommy (16235)
I have noticed a few but not that many. They came out last Summer too lol I just let them be but do vacuum them up when I'm cleaning.
@judy43 (299)
Mostly we ants around the kitchen sink, those little tiny ones. So far all I do is keep sink clean and dry. Works so far
@leafgxu (473)
If you put some sugar in your desk or somewhere and don't clean it for a day, ants will appear in your house. I hate ants so I will use poison when I see ants in my house. After I use poison, ants will disappear very soon.