Simple yet pretty

Marigold - A very vibrant orange.
@webeishere (36353)
This is a shot of opne of the Marigolds I planted around my flower bed alongside of my driveway. A simple annual in Minnesota yet very pleasant to look at. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
My husband really likes marigolds, and I think while he is at work tomorrow I will plant some in a planter box I have that was my mom's. I have grown big ones, and little ones, and the kind that are shades of brown and orange, and the plain orange ones and plain yellow ones and some that were almost lime green. It will be fun to surprise him. He worked really hard in the yard today for his day off.
@webeishere (36353)
I always planted them around my mailbox post. But this year I used them as a border around a couple of my flower beds. very nice touch too I think. I can only recall orange and yellow ones that I've seen. Good for him. I work hard every day. I'll have a discussion tomorrow about my garden work that I did Friday afternoon. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@diansinta (7550)
So fresh!! to see your marigold grandpa Bob! i love it! I bet your neighbors are jealous with your garden
@webeishere (36353)
Thank you very much. Actually the neighbors praise me for such a great looking yard since we bought the house. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@bfarrier1 (2082)
Webeishere,You must tell us your secret, that sure is a beautiful flower.My flowers are just now coming up,what time of the year do you plant that they are already so big and beautiful.Do you use any special growing solution that you want to share? Have a wonderful evening and start that bon-fire.
@webeishere (36353)
These arean annual and here in Minnesota they are sold with the flowers on and fully grown. they will flower again after they lose the first etc. No secret, I go to a nursery and buy them then stick them in dirt etc. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@dragon54u (31663)
french marigold - very nice shape, comes in many colors.
Oh, that's pretty!! I was going to get some but then I saw some French Marigolds and thought they were prettier. Some of them-not the ones I saw-are even bi-colored and really beautiful.
@webeishere (36353)
Thanks for sharing this photo. I've never seen one of the French Marigolds. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@tyc415 (5706)
That sure is a pretty flower and I love the color. I do think that the simple flowers are very pretty.
@webeishere (36353)
yeah I like the simplicity as well. They sell them each April or May depending on the weather. The rabbits don't seem to eat these as much as my lilies though. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
yeah! they are lovely flowers! Happy Mylotting!
@stephcjh (32327)
I love marigolds. I used to have alot of those planted in pots where we used to live. We was renting there though. I had some planted all up and down my sidewalks also. They were so pretty. I now own my own home and it is hard for me to keep up with my yard by myself. My husband does not get involved in things like that. He doesn't care if we have flowers or not.