Languages we speak...

I met someone recently who said that she spoke a language called double speak. Other people speak pig latin and pigion... Or French, Gallic and German or English... I only speak American English... What languages do you speak?
@Lakota12 (42684)
English main one know very little spanish that I took in school and have done pig latin. and sometimes daughter and I used to do sign with our hands
Thanks for posting... pig latin, sign and spanish... nice.
@Lakota12 (42684)
your welcome!
@jawaharks (590)
I speak English and Tamil.
Thanks for posting. It is amazing to me to see so many people who can speak two languages... compared to my one.
thats not a big thing. my mother tongue is tamil. but i have to learn english also for my future(job opportunities).
@kiwibee (240)
• New Zealand
I have been "picking up" Italian for years.... I love it, really love it. I am not very good at it, but I am keen. I have noone to practice it with so I think it to myself. I mentally translate and if I find I don't know a word, I look it up. I think foreign languages are very fascinating. And exciting. If you read this, and speak Italian well enough to criticise and correct me were we to communicate, please email me at brenda@ihug.co.nz I could help you improve your English. I'm good at that! (used to get first in class!)
I speak English fluently... I hope that you find others who can speak Italian well enough to help you out in that area. Thanks for posting.
@aplaza (631)
• Netherlands
Here it's obligatory to have English as a subject at school and take exams in it, regardless of any other subjects you might choose. In the lower grades at school they teach French as well as German. Then there comes a level at school where you have to choose what subjects you want to have for the final exams. Although I have to admit that recently there was a big uproar that there was an uproar about the quality of the English lessons being given. People who get a passing or a good grade can hardly communicate in the language. But that's not very surprising when you consider that they aren't very good at their own language (Dutch in this case) either.
My goodness... English, French or German... Here in California... it is English for everyone and now Spanish is needed too as there are so many Spanish speaking peoples here that to not speak it puts a person at a disadvantage... I am one of those who went to school prior to the latest influx of spanish speaking people so I unfortunately did not learn anything except English. Thanks for posting.
@leafgxu (473)
Chinese is my native language but I also speak English.
Thanks for posting in English here... as if you posted in Chinese, there is no way that I could understand you... grins.
@zhpshql (695)
Hi, Now I'm studing Korean, but my mother language is Chinese, so including English, I can speak three languages.
My goodness... three languages... Thanks for posting.
@yourkl (585)
English and Chinese
Thanks for posting... I am glad you are posting in English here...
@nanayangel (7839)
Hit here White Heron! I speak Tagalog and English.
Como stacca? I only know a few words in Tagalog and don't know how to spell them...grins... It's a good thing that we both speak English too. Thanks for posting...
I write and read mostly in English (but my English listening is poor). I speak and count in Indonesian. Sometimes I mix the language with Hokkianese when I talk with my parents. And ... when it is the language course lesson time, sometimes I would use mixture of Indonesian and Chinese words for communication. LOL. To tell you the truth, it’s not too good for us to know too many languages, sometimes when I have forgotten about certain word in a language, I would only remember the word in another language, and if my opponent doesn’t know that language, it would be ... miserable to explain the exact word I meant. LOL.
I only speak English since I am a United States citizen. I know some Spanish and French words, though. I would definitely love to learn Spanish. What do you think?