That will teach me for showing off....

@gemini_rose (16193)
Before I went away last weekend I was telling anyone who would listen how organised I was with my packing, saying how I had packed everything up by 2 days before I went and I was ready to go. I even said it in a discussion and commented that "I did not need a list to help me pack". So, we had set off and we stopped at a service station for some dinner, and my hubby for some reason suddenly asked me had we brought towels? What, towels, I looked at him and thought "Oh no" I had only gone and forgotten to bring any!!! By the time we got to the caravan we were booked in I also realized I had forgotten teatowels, dishcloths, washing up liquid and my shoes!!! So, we had to unpack our things that we did manage to bring and then go shopping for all the things we forgot, including towels!!! Oh dear, looks like I was not as clever and organized as I thought I was, maybe next time I best write a list!!! So come on then, anyone else going to own up to finding out they are not as clever or organized as they had thought they were? What sorts of things have you forgotten to take with you when you have gone away anywhere? Would love to hear some really good ones, so I do not feel such a silly billie!!!
@mummymo (23709)
I am so sorry sweetheart but there is a bright side to this story - you really cheered me up and made me giggle! lol I guess that is why I love going to our timeshare - the towels, teatowels cleaning items etc are all provided! lol We go away every year with the car loaded down with clothes for all weathers , big george grill, iron (even though there is an iron provided) and so many other things - of course the one thing that has never been forgotten is the other halfs golf clubs! I remember when Niamh was a baby and we forgot her nappies - yup very clever but not too big a deal - like the time I forgot all our swimming costumes and had to but more when we got there! I am sure you and I are not the only forgetful ones sweetheart! lol xxx
@gemini_rose (16193)
I am glad I made you laugh!! I must admit, we did laugh ourselves at how we managed to forget as much as we did. We usually do really well.
@mummymo (23709)
Well since you normally do well it would seem like it was just a little glitch! lol xxx
@checapricorn (16066)
LOL, I remember I shared to you about me crazy about list every time I will go on a trip. I am very forgetful and having list will make me feel confident that I have all with me what I need.ANyway, at least you have budget for that, good experience also to have new set for the trip..LOL
@gemini_rose (16193)
Having a list is a good idea, I definately need to have a list.
@Elixiress (3893)
I make a list, but then forget to list things, so I end up not packing everything in the end. I once forgot to take nightwear and toothbrush with me when I went away for a weekend.
@cher913 (25893)
lists are great things especially when you are going away and have a ton of things to remember. i always write lists! that way it is hard to forget everything and as i check stuff off my list, i move them to the front door, basement or what have you so every thing is grouped together.
@ruby222 (4848)
Im afraid to say that im a little bit lax in that department too Rose..but my attitude to it all is now one of..Oh well if I forget anything I will have to go out and buy it ..like you did...as long as I have the main things,tablets that are needed etc..thats all that worries me...I must admit that everytime I have packed i tend to overpack and then I bring back the majority of it all,clean and unworn...but lol it never seems freash so ive to set to and wash it all again....But the list is a sticky wicket you know...as you have to remember to add the things that you need to take to that list in the first place!!!
@Rosekitty (19443)
• San Marcos, Texas
You poor thing feeling so proud then realising you forgot stuff...thats ok..we all do crazy stuff. My problem is i usually forget to bring stuff home after a visit or wind up wih things from someone else and try to figure out how to get them back without them thinking i stoled them..LOL...I'm like a thief with a conscience..hee hee
@tessah (6622)
sorry sweetie.. cant give that to ya. im ocd.. so not only do i have a mental list that i run over continually.. i check recheck and check my checking of everything packed repeatedly LOL question.. how do you not realize yer barefooted and forget shoes?
@gemini_rose (16193)
Ahh I had my pink fluffy slippers on for travelling in the car, I had meant to put my shoes in the front with me for when we got out. Didn't, forgot them.
@tessah (6622)
LOL sorry thats just a very cute mental image lol
@cortjo73 (6500)
LOL! I am sorry GR. I can't be of any comfort to you. I am a bit over organized with my packing. I actually wrote a master list some time ago and I keep it where I know I will always find it. It lists everything I will need no matter what the weather is like so, I tend not to forget anything. LOL! Sorry! But, my suggestion is that you do the same. Maybe make a master list on your computer, print it out and put it in your suitcase so it will always be there whenever you go on trips. Then, you can just always refer to it. And, add stuff no matter if you need it for each trip or not. I have coats, gloves, bathing suit, towels, pillow and many other things on my list that I don't always need to pack as we may not being going anywhere that requires that stuff but, as I am packing, I just skip over what I don't need. So, even though I couldn't make you feel better, maybe I gave you a decent idea to use! LOL! Don't feel too bad! Most people will forget something! LOL1
@gemini_rose (16193)
Thanks for that!! I think forgetting the towels was the worst of all of the things to forget, having to go out and buy new ones was a little costly!!
@cortjo73 (6500)
I agree! But, try to think of it this way...now you have towels as sort of a souvenir from your vacation that you can use for a long time to come!
@kiran1978 (4137)
Lol, I would have thought you would have had everything, since you were packed and organised so early. I never write a list either, but I do think over it several times, do I have evertyhing. I always feel like I have forgotten something. Don't think I have forgotten much before, think I have forgotten towels too. Would hate to forget my shoes though, as I find it hard to shop for new shoes. Don't worry you are not such a silly billie, lol, we all forget things.
@gemini_rose (16193)
Not so organised as I thought I was!!!
@kenzie45230 (3561)
I learned long ago to make a list for everything I have to do and pack before going on away or on vacation. Why? Because when I thought I was so organized (too), I forgot the container for my contacts, any new contacts, the contact solution...and my glasses. Pretty dumb.
@gemini_rose (16193)
oh no that is pretty bad, yes I think it is very wise for me to make a list also in future.
@webeishere (36353)
recall packing to head up North which is only 150 miles away for a weekend. Well half way there I wanted to get something from the bag. Oh noooo! I left the whole bag at the house. Now that's forgetting isn't it? being so close we drove back to get it. gas back then was cheap so it was no big deal turning around after about 80 miles. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@gemini_rose (16193)
Now that really is forgetting and no kidding, I would have cried if I had forgotten a whole bag, I felt bad enough at forgetting the things that I did!!
@winterose (39921)
my birth control pills, lol, that wasn't to pleasant
@maddysmommy (16236)
LOL gemini_rose - when we went to my sister in laws wedding in Rarotonga, I forgot to pack my bathing suit (tankini and shorts) which I had put aside to take in my carry on, but forgot that. I also forgot an important document for my son, his green card which caused a little strife on our way back home. Not doing that again!
@jer31558 (3683)
It seems that for me, no matter how well I think I am prepared, I will leave something behind. It may be something small, but it will be there nonetheless.
@CatsandDogs (13964)
I'm soooo laughing because it was ME you said that to!! AND because you've got guts to come back and admit you're wrong and needed a list afterall. Hey sweetie, it's all good though, no need to correct or what ever, everybody makes mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils! LOL But why don't they put them on pens?? LOL Hey, look at it this way, to error is to be human so since we all error at one point or another, then we're all human!!!! ((((((((HUGS))))))))))
@kun2349 (23475)
LOL ^_^ NO matter how thoroughly i've checked thru my house and do my packing, i will always forget to pack some of the things too.. Even with a list, it's helpless to me because i cant pack too many things in advanced as i'll still be using them b4 my trip.. hehe ^_^ And so wat i do will be packing everything on the day be i go for trip, so that i can just chunk everything inside, and even if i forget things, i will just tell myself, i will still forget to pack some things even if i packed earlier.. LOL
@lingli_78 (12846)
well, it happens to me in the past as well... i always think of myself of a very organised and careful person... i plan everything in advance when i want to go to travel but still i forget something once in a while... like once, i also forget to bring my towel... or toothbrush... or toothpaste... it is really annoying when that happens as i have already try to be as careful as i can... may be i have to use a list like you say in the future to prevent this kind of thing from happening again... take care and have a nice day...
One of the most important things I have forgotten have been extra underwear. It is not fun having to wash out your undies every night and hope they dry before morning! A toothbrush is another thing I have forgotten. I used my fingertip.
@gabs8513 (48717)
Lol Sweetie that will teach you I have to admit though Towels is not something I would think of either lol Oh well at least you got some and I guess that is one way of getting new Towels lol Hugs
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
When I was about 18 a friend brought me to Toronto. I was in the stage of "can't go to a gas station without make-up" so I packed high heels, short dresses, and all my make-up and hair supplies. Half way to Canada I realized I'd packed no pajama's, not even a t-shirt I could wear to bed. So we had to stop at a tourist shop and buy a t-shirt and pair of shorts I could wear to bed. Then of course we spent the whole weekend walking. Eventually I stopped to buy a comfortable pair of sandles :D