When a candidate attacks another candidate verbally how do you react to it?

It seems like there are a lot of candidates trying to avoid mudslinging this year but most of them end up resorting to it after being attacked by their opponents. I am wondering something... Does mudslinging, attacking the other candidate and trying to make him or her look bad, cause you to want to vote for the mudslinger or to in protest want to vote for the one who is being attacked? Does mudslinging have any effect on you? How does it effect you?
@Lakota12 (42684)
no effect at all I havent like the democate canidates from the start!
So if they slime each other it doesn't bother you.
@Lakota12 (42684)
naw dont care that the demos. sllime each other
@SusanLee (1920)
You know, I mentioned that very thing to some older friends of mine not to long ago. The mud-slinging has been going on for years though and seems be getting worse. Like a bunch of petty children, name calling on the playground. When I was a kid in the 60s and first became aware of this stuff. I don't remember this type of behavior. It's like then adults behaved like adults. They had some integrity or something. Now they're doing the very thing that we as kids were taught not to do, and they're doing it infront of billions of people. No, I don't want to vote for these jackasses.
It does bug a person doesn't it... What do you do when all of the candidates do it? Do you stay home or do you still vote?
@SusanLee (1920)
I'll still vote.
@ferdzNK (3214)
I tend to rate mudslingers to the bottom way way bottom. If all candidates respond to this by doing the sames then I choose the least one if that is the best that election can give us. Maybe someone will not sort to this on the next one.
I can understand low rating for the ones who were mudslinging. Thanks for sharing.