Do guys cheat because they know they can get away with it?

Do guys behave badly because they know they can get away with it? Or, it's just their nature? Do you think some guys cheat because cheating is a guy thing and something they'd do anyway, even if they weren't in a committed relationship? Or, do you think that they cheat and leer at other women because they know there's not too much that we can do about it? Do you think a guy would do those things, if his woman walked out on him the first time he did it. Sort of teach him a lesson, he would remember? What do you think?
@spalladino (17927)
I don't believe that cheating is in the nature of either the male or the female. There are probably as many reasons why someone cheats as there are people who cheat so you can't really put the reason or the solution into one cubby hole. I don't think that walking out should be the first response to cheating, especially if there are children and I agree with the poster above me who suggested that seeking outside help would be beneficial.
That's a very good point about looking after the welfare of the children. Often there are more than two people involved in the final equation.
@moneyandgc (3438)
I am not sure why people cheat. I do know that it is definitely not just guys that do it. Living in a military setting, I see females cheating almost as often as males. I think if she walked out on him and came back...it all depends on the guy. He might just figure she will always come back. Or, it could scare him into not doing it again for fear she won't. Either way, the relationship needs outside help.
So true! We do enable guys to do the stuff they do. Some are really smart though and learn their lesson.
@chiyosan (29388)
i think they cheat because they are not satisfied with their love one, or they are not really in love with the person.
I don't think that all people cheat because they think they can get away with it. Cheating isn't just a guy thing, it's something that I've done it in the past as well. It's not one of my proudest actions but it is definitely something that I've learned from. After my boyfriend found out that I was still speaking to the guy that I had an affair with, he ended up cheating on me. That opened my eyes and made me realize all the pain that I caused him.
@Samanthavv (1395)
Guys cheat for a lot of reasons. Like if they're mad and want to piss of their partner, or if they're bored with their partner, or looking for a way to break up with their partner, or if they're just looking for some danger or excitement. Every man who cheats has his reasons, however valid or invalid they may be.
I think cheating is non-gender specific. Everyone has the capacity to do it. It may have a strong cultural link (example is polygamous male dominant culture versus maternal society versus equality-oriented societies) but the root is very personal. In any case, the reasons why people (men and women) cheat may be of the same set structure. They cheat for a couple of reasons... and the reasons may vary. walaking out may have a minor impact. but addressing the reason for cheating and deciding whether they can live up with the mess that the cheating created, moving forward, are very critical issues. good day!
@iamnes (325)
i think a guy cheats because he is looking for something else that you don't possess. i don't think he cheats just because you won't find out otherwise he is just too lame to be with. if a guy is really honest and loves you truly, even if he is miles apart from you, he will resist any temptation because he knows the consequence of his giving in to it. if he is really a cheater, there's a big probability that he might do the same thing again despite your leaving him (teaching him a lesson).
@alcazar (763)
well i think thats wat we all do ...but we some cheat intentionally and some with a definite purpose...and by doing that they seem to master it....
People cheat because they are given the opportunity to do so.(^^,)
@subha12 (18462)
i think many times so. they know that they can very well get away with it. even i have thought may be its in their nature. they want to relish the klife. they do not look at the emotions of others.
love will lead the guy back to her true love. but the guy that has no conscience to love other girls is stupid. guy should love only one girl.
@buldwgz (1483)
Not all guys cheat...do women treat men like poo because thats in their nature? How does that feel? Not all women do that, but many that I have had do deal with do. And please, don't act like women don't cheat. I have known plenty of women and men who did and who didn't.
@Elixiress (3893)
I don't think that guys are any more likely to cheat then girls, I just think that guys are found out more, because they are more risky with it. I think it is because they are not getting what they want from their partner, so they go elsewhere for it. I don't think it is so much knowing they can get away, because most of the time it comes back to bite them in the bottom, I think it is the risk and that makes their life all the more exciting and excitement is what they are lacking in their day to day relationship.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I am really starting to belive that guys cheat because they think they can get away with it. Eventully though it usally comes back or somehow a woman ends up figering things out. Like I have in the past with quite a few of my ex boyfriends and my ex husband. The dummy talked to the woman he cheated on me with and talked to her on yahoo messanger. I found a way to look up the messages that they had. Thanks to a good friend of mine.
@ESKARENA1 (18304)
guys cheat because we let em. If we castrated everyone we caught it wouldnt happen