teething babies

@only1shi (405)
my daughter has been teething since she was ten week old, and now at nine months, her first tooth has finally broken through the gum. it has been an exhausting road for my husband and i, never knowing what to expect. just before her tooth came out, she was having some pretty nasty diarrhea. i was really concerned at first because it lasted for over a week. but after doing some online research and talking to other mothers, i calmed down. there was no fever, no dehydration, no change in appetite, mood or sleep patterns. just a little bit of runny poopie- ok, maybe more than a little. one thing that i discovered: if i put some mylicon into her bottle, it kept her from the gas. i know, that's what its supposed to do, right? well, in doing this, it stopped the poopies that were coming from gas bubbles. i thought that i would share this. i realize that this is just the first tooth and i have many more to come. i think that i will be better prepared for the others. what kind of teething stories do you have?
@anndocs (249)
My my baby first tooth came out when she's six month old, fortunately no signs we encounter we just noticed that the tooth is coming out, she's very active and no discomfort have seen. I hope on the next, she'll handle it as easy as the last :)
@only1shi (405)
i hope so for your sake also. after the diarrhea with the first tooth. we got a break of about a week, and then the second tooth started cutting. with that one, she had a fever of 100.3 for three days- mostly in the evening.
i have no child at present but i know the anxious of a mother for her child i alway feel it from my mother i am also in teething my wisdom tooth tore me since 2 years ago. it growed with a slow speed sometimes i would feel a stream tooth ached but dentist said it was a time to wip it out since it haven't been mature sigh...........
@only1shi (405)
i know all about the pain of wisdom teeth! i actually suffered for about four years off and on. my tooth would try to erupt for about a week and then stop for a month or two. this went on forever. with my last tooth, it became infected and impacted. i ended up having emergency surgery to have all of them removed about a month ago. it was the best thing that i had ever done!!!!!!!
@vanities (11376)
• Davao, Philippines
i have different experiences on teething since ive got 4 children..my first born have experienced diarrhea and at the same time having a runny nose, and the other i guess slight fever and coughs,lost of appetite and even measles..that was scary..since ive really no idea that shes been teething...and just wondering why gums are red and swollen..that was so naive of me i guess..im lucky i had consulted it to a doctor immediately..
@kezabelle (2985)
My eldest daughter cut her first tooth when she was just 8 weeks old, I was visiting my family and my mum was heating her bottle and she was sucking on my finger because she was starving and she bit down with her gums and I felt this tooth, she had been just fine and generally cut them no bother. My youngest was always poorly when cutting them was always getting ear infections and throat infections when teething it was a nightmare but she had them all by 12 months
@ayessa (1586)
Hello only1shi! My baby too is on her teething stage. Just like your baby she's experiencing a bit more poopies. Honestly I wasn't become worried about her since I've already done my research on teething baby way back when she's just 2 months and it really help me now. And I must say that you contributed something new to me. I dont know if mylicon is available here in our place but I'll try to look for that. What I do to reduce her diarrhea was I always gave her apples to eat everyday and it does give her a good result. I just wish that her tooth will soon errupt now because I think she won't stop from pursuing my shoulder to bite until it happen.
@kassdaw (593)
My son didn't get his first tooth until he was a year old. He can't seem to just get one at a time. It is either 2 or 3. He is 18 months old and is working on his 10th and 11th teeth. He has one moler and getting another at the moment. We can't seem to get teeth with the diaper rash. It usually only lasts 2 days but this last time around lasted almost a week. I felt so bad, by the end it started itching. Every bath he has to scratch and every diaper change. I thought it was kind of cute too. He made funny faces when he was trying to reach his little cheeks. Now that the rash is gone he is happy and calm again. But it will soon come back with that moler peaking out.
@agihcam (1915)
O yeah.Since we already have four we already calm when our younger daughter was in that stage.As long as she still looks good except having poopies,then she is fine.But during our first baby, we also experienced having worried to what happening for our baby,but then when you consult to doctor,they say it is normal and nothing to worry about.But the thing is it shocking wake up in the morning and you can see your baby having too much poopies on her diaper.Good day.
@anndocs (249)
My daughter first tooth came out when she's six month old. Fortunately, she doesn't experienced any dicomfort at all (no fever, not poops problem) she's very active really. I hope on the next time she can handle it as easy as the last :)
• Senegal
hello
@lingli_78 (12845)
i don't have a child yet... so i don't have any teething stories for you yet... all i know is when the baby is teething, he/she will be having a fever and get sick for couple of days... that's what happen to my friends' baby... i never heard of the diarrhea before... so this is new for me... thanks for sharing this... now i can anticipate what to expect when i have baby in the future... take care and have a nice day...