Yestrday i Fasted all Through ...!!!

@nupats (3564)
Yesterday was Savitri Fast so i fasted all through the day for the well being of my husband and his long life..actually in the olden era their was lady called Savitri she was young and her husband passed away when yamraj (god of death) was taking away her husband Satyavans soul she followed him begging him to spare his life...the yam raj said it was not possible but she can b granted any wish but she cannot ask him to make her husband alive...she very smartly asked him tht he shud bless her never to b a widow and he did so without realising the deeper meaning but since he had alredy granted her wish he had to bring her husband back to life..so since then once in every year all ladys keep this fast for the well being of their husbands...we get together and read the book , do prayers, make sweet offerings for God and sing Hymns (Bhajan)...my husband had gone to office in the morning so we went to the temple in the evening...when i srved dinner for him in the evening he said tht he is also fasting for me...i was so moved bcoz in our society such fasts are only ment for the women folk..i love him and actually pray to God for his well being everyday..
@cupid74 (11394)
• Pakistan
Hi dear i am aware of this custom, and its nice that u r doing it as very few indian girls/ladies are following it. but its really strange to know that ur husband fast for U, thats really nice and show his cocern and love to u wish that ur love stay like this and have happy life Take care
@nupats (3564)
thanx cupid..i agree with changing times ppls views are changing..i myself am very modern but there are somethings in my culture i like to follow so i basically do wt my heart tells me to do..i was actually moved by my husbands reciprocation..thanx for ur views
@cupid74 (11394)
• Pakistan
Hi dear yeah u r right, being modern is differnt and stick to culture and relegion does not mean u r not modern, and it seems u have nice heart , whick ask u to follow nice and romantic things with sincerity Yeah i can imagine how much u must be moved by ur husband act as it must be unexpected for u, i wonder why dont u hug him and kiss him
@nupats (3564)
hanx for the idea will do it...heehee
@simsunil (98)
my dear friend i am so impressed by ur love for ur husband, otherwise there are some females out here in our society they go to non- veg food joint and gorge on sea food there on this day also . i have a friend ,she also fasted yesterday but in the evening she was having blast with sea food.Hatssssss off to u .
@nupats (3564)
hi simsunil..thank u so much for the words of appericiation...i think these rituals cannot b forced upon anyone it is totally on ones free will.. i felt like doing it so i did ..anyway these are the small ways by which we can keep a part of our culture alive within us..thanx dear and have a nice day..i also love sea food by the way good u did not write this on my fast day....take care..
It sounds like you have a wonderful husband! It also sounds like a wonderful, touching custom.
@nupats (3564)
yes he is indeed very loving and caring..in our country such fasts are only ment for the ladies not for men..but he felt tht if i care to follow it for his well being then he shud also do so to show he cares..i love him so much..thank u