Do you think parents take too much care on children's education?

@liuqian (476)
China
When i go out,I often heard some parents talking about their children.They said their son's score is getting down,or their friend's daughter has entered a famous university...Education seems getting more important nowadays.I am just afraid that whether it will give students more pressure.I know they have to study very hard everyday,even weekends they will take some classes.Do they have much time to play?And if you have a child,do you want him/her to take so many classes?Is it really good for their future?
@laglen (19782)
My daughter and I think about these things, she is 14. She spends some time working on it, writing, volunteering, sports. But I do not drill it into her. She has fours years till college and she goes to an exceptional school now. She still plays, and haves fun. I want her to be a kid as long as she can. She was going to get a summer job but we decided that she should enjoy her summer so she is babysitting and doing lawn work, this is alot more flexible for her. Life is too short and she will have to grow up very soon! But yes schools and education are very important.
@liuqian (476)
You must be a good mom.:D I am appreciate for your way to guide your child.Your daughter will thank you when she grown up.And i like the word you said "I want her to be a kid as long as she can",how sweet!^^
@laglen (19782)
Thank you and I feel very confident, she gets grea grades and is a truly sweet kid!
@weng_08 (282)
It is important for parents to teach their kids the importance of education, but I am glad that my parents did that the easy way. I was never pressured to do well or excel in school. I had all the chance to play and have fun while my classmates were spending time with their tutors at home, but I did pretty well. We all need time to play. Parents should realize that. It was not until college that I allowed myself to wake up early for projects and assignments and I graduated with flying colors. Have a great day!
@liuqian (476)
You are a lucky child!And my parents also not very take care of our scores in school.Glad to hear that.Good day!^^
Nowadays parent take too much care about their children. This make really bad effect for their children, and of course their children will never independent. Parent here now like crazy. If teacher punish their kids, the parent will complain the teacher, and even want to sue that teacher. But they never think that their children making mistake, like beat other student, rude to teacher, not making homework, or not attend to school at school time.
@liuqian (476)
yea,what you say is true.Students sometimes really made teacher angry and disappointed.But it's their nature.Didn't you do this before?I admit,i did it before.And parents,i think they should give their children more time to play,not only study...
yes i do think that parents are caring too much about the education of their children and because of that children are getting frustrated and all sorts of problems are coming up.
@liuqian (476)
Thanks for your response.And i hope student can have more time to play~~
@julyteen (13259)
• Davao, Philippines
depending on the ability and the capacity of the child if she/he needs more educations other than taking his/her normal education. parents really concern top their children's education, of course they are proud if their children excel from their different class/subject. although i am already adult but still i am continue learning, i studied my second course now and i'm on my 3td year. my parents are proud of me because i am one of the canditates of an award if i graduate by 2010.
@naaadh (217)
yes they do. But there is nothing wrong with that. Parents care about their kids in every way, and all they would want is to see their kids with good jobs in the future. All parents want their kids to be the best and the most money earning person in the world. Thats why they tell their kids to study hard, and they force them to study. Its only for the good of the kids. But sometimes the kids do not understand this and do not listen to their parents. And when they grow and when they are having trouble with life, they will remember what their parents used to tell them.
parents pressurise chilren for studying.They sometimes overestimate their chilren's abilities.Children end up in depression,which results in poor perfomance of the child.
@scrawl (374)
Sometimes, it just becomes too much...... they have to let them make mistakes and enjoy the process, only by which they are going to be able to mentally ship...otherwise, they are just putting too much pressure and stress... what do you think ?