Vacation at home? Where will you vacation/holiday?

@raydene (9874)
With the increasing price of fuel for our cars many are opting to take a vacation at home or near by. I always used to take my kids to a local lake campgrounds for vacation rather then theme parks anyway so I always did the vacation close to home thing. What are your vacation plans? xoxoxoxoxo
@peaceful (3301)
Even when gas prices were low, I always preferred hiking and camping trips... Or trips to the beach via bus or train. Driving anywhere is expensive, risky and stressful, and you should carry that burden around with you when you are fortunate enough to get a vacation... My choices for vacation(s) this year will be mountains, shore and casino hotels, since I'm retired, I can shedule them whenever I wish, but I follow The Wheel, that is four times during the years at certain Times... I make an effort to go away for a month each time. In between adventures, I work like crazy on growing my business, but it's also fun, too! :) I hope that you and your family have an excellent vacation and here's a few laughs for you from my blog:) http://www.apsense.com/article/118492.html Happy Travels! :)
@Mirenia (199)
Yeah the gas prices are going up too much and will be higher because of the summer. Me and my family are pretty much staying at home this time because of it. Only difference is that my boyfriend is flying into town to spend some summer vacation with me and my family.. other than that its going to just be a party at my house this year lol. I'm actually looking forward to it though. This will be the first time I'm staying home for the summer. Going to relax and play with my nephews this year probably!!
@BYOLA2871 (4373)
• South Africa
well when it comes to vacation i usually prefer to go far away from home but at times when am cash trapped i just book a resort close to home and go for just a week and we are back but money is usually the factor when it comes to my vacations but i have never had any at home in about 7 years
@cher913 (25890)
we dont usually go anywhere much but we do a lot of day stuff during the summer. we go to the beach some and we have use a canoe, so we do that too. having a vacation doesnt always have to include spending a lot of money!
Me, i have no province and I am a type who wanted to always stays at home and sleeping.So my vacation would be inside our house and resting. I don't have time of going around the city or going to another since I am always busy.
@winterose (39918)
I have no money to vacation any year. I was lucky to get one vacation in 25 years and that was in 2005, that would have been one of the stories that you would have read in my now deleted my stories articles.
@ElicBxn (60894)
I don't get paid vacation at my job now, so I won't be taking one.
@ellie333 (21029)
I have no plans to venture too far from home myself this year. I live by the sea and beautiful countryside anyway so there is really no need. The only travel I will be doing is to visit friends and family for special ocassions really. Ellie :D
@kareng (7980)
I don't have kids at home anymore, but we will be staying close to home. We decided to take several weekend trips to a campground within 2 hour drive from the house. This will allow us several weekend getaways and away from the normal rat race!
@ladyljs (1303)
We have two planned this year. One to visit my sister and her family in Missouri. It is about an 11 hour drive..that should be interesting with two 10 year olds. LOL! The other is to NC to visit my step son and his family. That's a mere 8 hours! THe gas is a deterrent, but life is short and one never knows what is just around the corner.
hey when i'm kid i use vacate my home and i will keep my makam in grandma house, where we use to njoy a lo there. I have grown up and completed my btech where i can come to my parents house in vactaion in summer from hostel. so, I think i don't have any problem with price of fuel.....
@stephcjh (32327)
Our vacation is definitely going to be at home this year. It has for many years so far. We cannot afford to take trips right now as we do not have the time or the money. We work seven days per week and we are trying to pay off our bills. We may have three days off in July and we will just stay around the house and swim or something like that. We might cookout also. Gas is outragious also.
@mummymo (23707)
Oh Mom it is 2 weeks on Saturday til we go on holiday to Aviemore in the Highlands and I haven't forgotten that I have to keep an eye open for a white haired hunk wearing a kilt! lol Anyway we are about a 2 hour drive from our time share and it is just as well it is no further or I would never have been able to go! There is so much for the kids and adults to do but it will be a very quiet and relaxing week this year - at least I hope it will be relaxing! lol xxx
@beth214 (68)
I like staying at home.I like watching TV and reading books.IF i want to eat something i can .I will have much free time and i can do everything i want to do best.I enjoy this lifestyle!
@judy43 (299)
This year we are going to Destin Florida. But this time we are getting a condo. So all of us will be together and the cost is cheaper and we are riding together so it might be cheaper overall
We took a four day weekend to go to Minnesota to see my daughter, son in law and granddaughter. We visited a zoo and a conservatory, and walked around the nature reserve near their apartment. Had a very nice time at the church they attend. The only other place we ever go is to Oklahoma, where my brother and dad live. That is what vacation is for us, we go to see family. We did not do much as far as theme parks,either.I have never been to Disney anything.
@BarBaraPrz (21015)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Vacation? What's that?