pay more for the clean street? is it worth it?

@ch88ss (2270)
Hi question my lot members. We pay more for our housing to be in a low crime and less popluated part of town. Do you believe that it it is worth the money? Why do I ask. A price to pay to live in a low crime rate neighborhood with the average family income to be in the middle range and not below poverty. How do you feel about my decision? SHould I continue to do this and see it is an investment in my kids future? I don't want to say that the other neighborhood don't have good parents and families there too. If we can manage to live there but we pay a price, shall we continue to do that? I see it as a sacrifice for my kids. Do you believe the type of kids they hang out with affect what type of person they will become as an adult? If you hang out with losers do you become one too? If you hang out with a kid who value school and their parents do too, will this make you child like school better? What is everyone views on this?
@vanities (11387)
• Davao, Philippines
having a good environment where our kids grow is a plus factor besides the schools...so it means that you must pay attention on where your children should be in..if you can afford to have one then why not...
@ch88ss (2270)
Thanks for replying. It is good to know that my opinion is not wrong about spending more money to keep my kids in a good neighborhood. I guess I shall keep working harder to make sure we can get into a better neighborhood for the sake of the kids and their future. It is their future that matters. but I think this mean I will retire with no savings. I shall do it anyways. hehe, tks,
• Columbus, Ohio
From a purely economic stand point it is worthwhile to live in a good neighborhood because your house will appreciate more. Having children makes itthat much more important that you live in a good neighborhood. If something happens to you that is one thing but you have to insure your childrens safety. Another fact thatyou left out is that better neighborhoods havew better schools. If you factor in the cost of sending your children to private school the cost of a better neighborhood may not evenbe more expensive.
@ch88ss (2270)
hi colecash. A very good point about private school. I agree better neighborhoods better school too. Of course better school would mean the value appreciates. that is a good point. I am going to start using that point as my center debate with my husband whenever he wants me to sell for that sake. we bough a house 1 year ago that I really don't like so much because the schools, so we still send my sond 5 mils away to a different school. But because we ahve not been able to afford moving into that block. But I been keeping an eye on the market for a worthy house that we can afford.