Stethoscope color

What are your views with the colors of the tubes of stethoscopes? I’ll be buying mine and I think I’ll choose my favorite color which is blue. Do you guys think it’s cute? Or do you think a black one looks more usual? What do you think of a nurse having a different colored stethoscope?
@ratyz5 (7829)
I find light pink quite a feminine color for nurses. Though I wouldn't know if it would compliment your uniform or it would catch a different attention from anyone. Might question your ability if your being serious or not. Then again, if your wearing white, it wouldn't contrast that much and may make you more approachable for the patients. A sense of professionalism would grant blue colors, not the light toned ones but the deeper the shade, the more skilled you may appear. What would white imply on others, I wonder..
I plan on buying a light blue one..Do you think I look like I'm just playing around? The thing is I want to add some fun to those boring black (yet professional and serious looking) steths... I want to look more approachable but of course I don't want to look like just a joke or something
@ratyz5 (7829)
Well, if that blue is as blue as your star, I think it would really work. At any rate, you still have your face that they'll immediately see and not just the stethoscope. Either express a friendly and reliable face and the color of your stethoscope could be just a compliment
@chechuva (1276)
hello! i know you know that color doesn't affect the function of your steth.. but having different color will somewhat catch your patients(children) attention. and you can add hanging animals on your steth too anyway, adult patients doesn't mind what color of steth we use. but i would say having different color would be fine, quite unique since people are used to black steths...
yeah, that's what I thought too...since people are used to seeing black steths, I was thinking of adding a little bit of personality to mine..but do you think my being "professional" will suffer?
@chechuva (1276)
i don't think it will affect you as a professional. patients look on the attitude and ability of their health providers. just smile at them and meet their needs. i respect your preference of having different color on your steth.. have a nice day!
@mamakat (321)
This is of course, just MHO, but I think it's neat to see people in the medical profession who take the opportunity to express their own personality when possible. In hospitals, the docs all wear their white coats and the nurses are in their scrubs, so there's not a ton of room for individualization. Well, saying that a touch loosely since the nurses are now allowed, from what I've seen, to wear character/patterned scrub tops of their choice. It may seem small or insignificant to some, but I like seeing the different colors of stethoscopes people choose. And I don't think it needs to be confined to someone who works with a certain age group. I say if you have the chance to choose a color, go for it. I don't think a colored stethoscope at all detracts from the professionalism of the user. To me, it maybe makes them more approachable (does that sound too odd?) and could make it easier for people to see them as a real person and not just some cookie cutout person who doesn't/can't care about the patient.
I think blue would be fine. Here nurses even have little clip on toys or decorations on their stethoscope. That is what is usual around here.
@sun2day (1063)
• Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Blue is a nice color, black is a routine color; so it is good to choose one with some color. I have seen them in many colors. I think it would be nice to have some color for a change.Good luck.
@mialei23 (2386)
I like blue. It's nice. That's my favorite color. But black is more good, some prefer to used black.