Do you have friends who inspire you?

@mclendon (308)
Are your friends the kind of people who inspire you and make you a better person? Or are your friends people who are basically in the same boat you are that you can commiserate with? Or both? What do you look for or hope to find in a friend?
@agfarm (930)
My Friends Definately Inspire ME. They are always there 4 me encouraging me to Fly to Greater Heights , than I ever Dreamed I could. P.S. MAd-MAx Rules ! ( end of story )
@mclendon (308)
How do they inspire you to greater heights? Do they lead by example or are they good at building you up?
@adrico (204)
hey mclendon thanks for give such a meanful discussion..yeah ,i think i really have some good friends who inspire...sometimes i think i am not a good man coz i have a bad temper,when something makes me not feel so good enough,i often lost my temper.my friend often concern me and find ways to let me calm down,i think i really have the good friends.
@mclendon (308)
That's great. Anyone with good friends is a blessed person and must be worth having as a friend, too.
Hi...you gave me kudos for the content of my discussions...and now it is my turn to say thank you for doing the same for me. I enjoy inspirational, 'thinker' discussions and this is one of them. Do I have friends who inspire me...absolutely! And I feel blessed to have them in my lives. I am cautious about whom I call "friend" in my personal life. I have found that those I call friend are people who are willing to be honest with me and that establishes a sense of openness and trust. Consequently when they give me feedback...both validating and in the form of critiques I listen. I do not want to have superficial connections with those I call "friends." My goal is to have friends...by being one. Only then can we share in the endless dance of life. Those kinds of relationships involve a lot of give and take where exchanges add meaning, substance and beauty to life. I look for friends who 'show up' and allow me to do the same through the peaks and valleys in life. All of the above describes the relationship I have with my husband David as well. He is my life and business partner...but also a wonderful friend and companion. My bond with him and all that he brings to life has helped me grow my soul and become a better person. So have other true blue friends in my life. We have history together...and know most everything about our past and what shaped us. I have one really close gal-pal that has been a friend for every twenty years. We have laughed, cried...had conflicts...but always resolved them through honor, dignity and respect for each other. That has been the case with others in my life that have been willing to go the distance, not hold grudges, clear up misunderstandings...and carry on with renewed confidence in the strength of our friendships. So no...I do not consider anyone I cannot commiserate with a friend...they would fall under the category of acquaintance rather than friend. The valued friends I have and their presence in my life is a gift...and one that keeps on giving. And I am sure they know it...because I tell them often! Wonderful post...keep up the great work...and we will be chatting more! Raia
@nanayangel (7696)
Hi there Mclendon! I actually have one friend who inspires me, my cousin actually. Because once she has her mind set on achieving something, she's unstoppable.
@roger3611 (200)
well, actually i am the person to inspire my friends always, so they inspire me too, and what's more, i encourage myself. i hope to find honesty and modesty in my friends, and they are surely honest and modest.
Yes I have friends from both these categories. I have two very good friends who inspires me. Who give usefull and fruitful advises to clear up my confusion. One of them is my mentor