Feeling Sorry For Myself... OW!

I was just sat doing my embroidery and leaned forward to pick up a pencil and there was a horrific twang in my lower back. Now I'm propped up in bed and I can't move! I think I've trapped a nerve. Any time I try to move, my back explodes in pain that shoots right down through my leg. I'm in agony. I've got an ice pack on my back and I've had co-codamol, but I'm still in so much pain. Anyone got any advice for me please? I can't do anything! I wonder how long this will last. Thank goodness I have a laptop here!
@chrislotz (8203)
If the pain is going down your legs, then I would say you harmed your siatic nerve (might be spelled wrong) and the only way to heal it fast is to go see a chiropractor. I go to see one about once a month now, but I used to go twice a week. But since he has put things back in place I don't have as much trouble with it anymore (siatic nerve) and it only goes out once every few months now. If you don't go see a chiropractor the pain could last up to a week, of it did for me, but once I went to see mine the pain was gone instantly, as soon as he adjusted me. Good luck.
You know, in a few days, it cleared up completely. I still don't know what it was, but I remember how scary it was not to be able to move for the pain. I hope I don't have to go through it again. Thanks for the good wishes and I hope your back behaves itself now too!
@chrislotz (8203)
I gave in and went to the chiropractor yesterday, a new one I hadn't seen before, and I feel like a million bucks now, but it will only last for a day or two and I will have to go back again. Since I moved and don't have insurance right now, I moved to a different province so they don't accept my old insurance, I can't afford to go too often so it will be awhile again, until I can't stand the pain anymore.
Have you tried massage? That might be a cheaper option for you to ease the pain between chiropractic appointments. I'm sorry to hear that you're really struggling with your back. I sympathise as I went through a bad few years with my back after a bad car accident in my teens. I hope you carry on feeling like a million bucks for as long as possible!
@oliverdt (1959)
ouch, that always happen to me for sure but my wife knows how to remove it in no time. She put a pain reliever and try to massage it until the pain disappear. I don't know if we have the same case but it sounded the same. I hope it helps and I hope that you will be in good condition soon.
I seem to be OK now (touch wood!) These things come and go I suppose!
@oliverdt (1959)
Wow thats great news my friend. I hope its gone forever, but yeah we cannot control those things lol. Anyway I'm glad that you're ok now. Wishing for your everyday refresh life with your partner.
This happens to my dad every once in a while. It looks so painful. He stays in bed for at least a week at a time. It never happens when he does anything strenuous either. He went to a chiropractor once and the doctor couldn't do a whole lot for him except tell him to get rest and try not to move unless he had to. I hope you get better soon.
Thanks! I'm laid up right now. It's boring laying around trying not to move and it's only been a couple of hours so far!
Oh..Thats really bad Hope you heal quickly n get well pretty soon Advice..Well..Rest n thats all that can really help ya:)
Thanks. I'm resting up now. It's not much fun though!
Ummm... maybe put something hot on it instead to sort of loosen it up? Like one of those things with the beans/rice in em you toss in the microwave to heat up. I'll be there in a few minutes to give you a massage too.
I wish you would! I really want one!
@jer31558 (3683)
What did the doctors say about your back?
I didn't go. I rang the NHS helpline and they told me to put ice on it and just rest up. It's all you really can do with something like that unfortunately. That and take painkillers!